Screen.MousePointer
Author Message
 Screen.MousePointer

The Screen.MousePointer behaviour has changed in .Net. I've found lots of
documentation on the fact that it HAS changed, but nothing to help explain
how to reproduce the VB6 behaviour???

Bill

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:02:51 GMT
 Screen.MousePointer
Here's a starting point for you:

Me.Cursor = System.Windows.Forms.Cursors.WaitCursor

This changes the cursor to the hourglass for the form.

David Liske
Microsoft Help MVP since 1999
http://www.mvps.org/htmlhelpcenter
Electronic Media Technician
School of Art and Design
University of Michigan

Quote:
> The Screen.MousePointer behaviour has changed in .Net. I've found lots of
> documentation on the fact that it HAS changed, but nothing to help explain
> how to reproduce the VB6 behaviour???

> Bill

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:36:00 GMT
 Screen.MousePointer
Thanks for the reply, but I am already at that starting point. The change in
behaviour is what I am having trouble with. In VB6 changing the
Screen.MousePointer keeps that setting until the next Screen.MousePointer
assignment. In .Net it doesn't do this...
so how do you keep the hourglass up while doing something?

The upgrade wizard converts Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass to the code
you show below, but the cursor doesn't actually turn into an hourglass.

Bill

Quote:
> Here's a starting point for you:

> Me.Cursor = System.Windows.Forms.Cursors.WaitCursor

> This changes the cursor to the hourglass for the form.

> David Liske
> Microsoft Help MVP since 1999

> > The Screen.MousePointer behaviour has changed in .Net. I've found lots
of
> > documentation on the fact that it HAS changed, but nothing to help
explain
> > how to reproduce the VB6 behaviour???

> > Bill

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:02:24 GMT
 Screen.MousePointer
Bill,
Based on Oct 2001 MSDN:

"Me.Cursor" refers to the cursor for the current Control/Form... That cursor
would be displayed when the mouse is over that control/form...

"Cursor.Current" would be the same as "Screen.MousePointer"

There is a note under Cursor.Current about resetting the current cursor if
you call DoEvents...

Hope this helps
Jay

Quote:
> Thanks for the reply, but I am already at that starting point. The change
in
> behaviour is what I am having trouble with. In VB6 changing the
> Screen.MousePointer keeps that setting until the next Screen.MousePointer
> assignment. In .Net it doesn't do this...
> so how do you keep the hourglass up while doing something?

> The upgrade wizard converts Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass to the code
> you show below, but the cursor doesn't actually turn into an hourglass.

> Bill

> > Here's a starting point for you:

> > Me.Cursor = System.Windows.Forms.Cursors.WaitCursor

> > This changes the cursor to the hourglass for the form.

> > David Liske
> > Microsoft Help MVP since 1999

> > > The Screen.MousePointer behaviour has changed in .Net. I've found lots
> of
> > > documentation on the fact that it HAS changed, but nothing to help
> explain
> > > how to reproduce the VB6 behaviour???

> > > Bill

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:28:20 GMT

1. Screen.MousePointer / Pass-through queries...

2. Screen.MousePointer = ccCustom

3. Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Doesn't work at Runtime

4. Screen.MousePointer / Pass-through queries...

5. Question on screen.mousepointer

6. Screen.Mousepointer

7. Screen.MousePointer / Pass-through queries...

8. Question bout Screen.MousePointer

9. Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Doesn't work at Runtime

10. screen.mousepointer question

11. Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Doesn't work at Runtime

12. Win32, System Modal Forms, Screen.MousePointer and other things