Assembly versioning
Author Message
 Assembly versioning

I have a desktop application (exe) that I've built in VB.Net.  I want to
manually control the versioning of the assembly.  So, I have created a snk
file using sn -k and added the following to my assemblyinfo.vb:

<Assembly: AssemblyTitle("TestApp")>
<Assembly: AssemblyDescription("Document generation tool for eLiquor.")>
<Assembly: AssemblyCompany("State of Wyoming")>
<Assembly: AssemblyProduct("")>
<Assembly: AssemblyCopyright("")>
<Assembly: AssemblyTrademark("")>
<Assembly: CLSCompliant(True)>
<Assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.1.0.0")>
<Assembly: AssemblyKeyName("TestApp")>
<Assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("c:\projects\TestApp\bin\TestApp.snk")>

Now, when I check Environment.Version.Minor, it equals zero (0).

What have I missed?

Thanks,
-Vic

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 23:45:21 GMT
 Assembly versioning
Victor,

Quote:
>Now, when I check Environment.Version.Minor, it equals zero (0).

Environment.Version returns the version of the CLR in use, probably
1.0.3705.

If you want the version of your own assembly, check
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetName().Version.

Mattias

===

http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/
Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 06:17:27 GMT
 Assembly versioning
Thanks Mattias -- that got me sent in the right direction.  I appreciate the
help.

Quote:
> Victor,

> >Now, when I check Environment.Version.Minor, it equals zero (0).

> Environment.Version returns the version of the CLR in use, probably
> 1.0.3705.

> If you want the version of your own assembly, check
> System.Reflection.Assembly.GetName().Version.

> Mattias

> ===

> http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/
> Please reply only to the newsgroup.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:42:24 GMT

1. Assemblies and versioning

2. Assembly and Global Assembly Cache

3. CDO Versioning

4. XML Serialization Versioning

5. dumb versioning question

6. Versioning

7. File Versioning in VS.NET/VB.NET

8. versioning in.NET

9. Help - Apparent SCRRUN Versioning Issue

10. Help - Apparent SCRRUN Versioning Issue

11. Versioning Database Objects

12. Q: versioning???