How do I wait for ExecuteNonQuery to complete?
Author Message
 How do I wait for ExecuteNonQuery to complete?

I have a VB.NET program that first updates a Microsoft Access table
with some data via ExecuteNonQuery, but when I immediately go back to
get the updated data in a SELECT statement, its not there yet.

I find that pausing after the ExecuteNonQuery for a period of time
works, but how can I let it tell me when it's done and proceed from
there?

I tried a "Try...Catch" statement, but that doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:28:31 GMT

1. Make access wait for query to complete

2. Wait for external application to complete before continuing macro

3. Wait until MS Word completes - from Access

4. Waiting for a send/receive to complete

5. Socket Receive - Force to wait for complete stream??

6. wait for command to complete

7. How to wait for FTP Put to complete???

8. How to Make VB6 Wait Until a Shell Ap Completes/ How to Sort Files in Windows

9. !VB5: Execute a shell and wait until complete

10. Waiting for external aplication to complete.

11. How to start program and wait until it is complete from VB 4.0

12. Add'l: How to start program and wait until it is complete from VB 4.0