CRC-32 PK-ZIP compatible code
Author Message
 CRC-32 PK-ZIP compatible code

Has anyone got an algorithm that given a byte array (or file) returns a
4-byte sized variable containing the Cyclic Redundancy Code checksum?

It must be compatible with the PK-ZIP application of CRCs i.e.
Width: 32
Polynomial: 04C11DB7
Initial value: FFFFFFFF
Reflected input: Yes
Reflected output: Yes
XOR value for output: FFFFFFFF

Any code/links (VB6 or VB.NET) appreciated...

Cheers
Daniel

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:45:11 GMT
 CRC-32 PK-ZIP compatible code
Hi,

Check my homepage.  This also is in my book (see below).

--
Richard Grier  (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)

See www.hardandsoftware.net for contact information.

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 3rd
Edition ISBN 1-890422-27-4 (391 pages) published February 2002.

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:40:01 GMT
 CRC-32 PK-ZIP compatible code
You may find one written in .NET at the following urls

http://www.fesersoft.com/dotNet/

or

http://www.gotdotnet.com/userarea/keywordsrch.aspx?keyword=Fesersoft

--
Joe Feser
Fesersoft

Quote:
> Has anyone got an algorithm that given a byte array (or file) returns a
> 4-byte sized variable containing the Cyclic Redundancy Code checksum?

> It must be compatible with the PK-ZIP application of CRCs i.e.
> Width: 32
> Polynomial: 04C11DB7
> Initial value: FFFFFFFF
> Reflected input: Yes
> Reflected output: Yes
> XOR value for output: FFFFFFFF

> Any code/links (VB6 or VB.NET) appreciated...

> Cheers
> Daniel

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:07:44 GMT

1. For all programmer - Search code for calulate CRC-32, CRC-16/CCITT

2. Any good 32 bits Zip-compatible DLL?

3. CRC-32 code - anyone have?

4. CRC 32 source code

5. BUG: Toolbar-Buttons 32*32 wrong pricture - toolbar.zip (0/1)

6. BUG: Toolbar-Buttons 32*32 wrong pricture - toolbar.zip (1/1)

7. CRC-32

8. CRC 32

9. CRC-32 dll ??

10. CRC-32 algorithum

11. CRC-32 calculation

12. Wanted Freeware/Public Domain source for calculating 32-bit CRC checksums in VB