yag's status report - August 8, 2002
Author Message
 yag's status report - August 8, 2002

This look very nice. Could these appear as part of the help files someday?
Getting tired of getting boilerplate function/event definitions without any
practical examples.

Just a thought...

Thanks,

Mark Lewis
President
Mark D. Lewis Inc.

Quote:
> Status Report - August 8, 2002

> Lots of fun things to report on. I'm going to just list them in no
apparent
> order. <g>

>   1.. We've posted 101 new VB .NET samples online! Check out the following
If
> you have any ideas for samples that you'd like to see, just respond to
this
> message here online and I'll make sure to collect them.
>   2.. We've started our user group tour. Mike Iem and I were in Denver
this
> past Monday and had a great time (despite the flu <g>). Thanks to all
those
> who came to see us. Check out http://www.*-*-*.com/
> full list of cities and dates.
>   3.. Chats continue on. I've listed the upcoming ones below - and
> transcripts of completed chants are available at:
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> -yag

> Upcoming chats ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ):

> Become A Help Power User

> Tuesday, August 13, 2002, 1:00 - 2:00 P.M. Pacific time (21:00 - 22:00
GMT)

> There is a lot of great material in the Visual Studio help system. This
> session will cover various tips and tricks for getting the most out of it
> and will collect your feedback on the help system.

> Rich Editing User Interface in Windows Forms: The PropertyGrid Control

> Tuesday, August 20, 2002, 1:00 - 2:00 P.M. Pacific time (21:00 - 22:00
GMT)

> The .NET Framework PropertyGrid control is a great way to surface a number
> of options to users. The whitepaper "Getting the Most Out of the .NET
> Framework PropertyGrid Control"

( http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:

( http://www.*-*-*.com/

> iewsort.asp) discusses one aspect of this; come chat about issues and
> strategies you have when working with the Windows Forms Controls.

> Creating Office Add-ins with Visual Basic .NET

> Tuesday, September 17, 2002, 1:00 - 2:00 P.M. Pacific time (21:00 - 22:00
> GMT)

> Building COM Add-Ins using # or Visual Basic .NET combines the rich object
> models of the Office applications and the .NET Framework with the power of
> Visual Basic .NET's language features. However, combining COM objects and
> .NET objects can present a few challenges. Come discuss the problems you
are
> encountering and strategies you have found to work around them.

> Visual Studio .NET De{*filter*} (** Note special day **)

> Thursday, September 19, 2002, 1:00 - 2:00 P.M. Pacific time (21:00 - 22:00
> GMT)

> Join Microsoft experts in an online chat to discuss debugging .NET
> applications using the Visual Studio .NET De{*filter*}.

> White Papers
> Deploying Hybrid Visual Basic 6.0 / Visual Basic .NET Applications

> This paper demonstrates how to deploy applications that contain both
Visual
> Basic? 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET components.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:
> t/html/vbcondeployinghybridvisualbasic60visualbasicnetapplications.asp

> Conway's Game of Life as a Windows Forms Application
> Welcome back to Dr. GUI's latest article on .NET Framework
programming-this
> time, an application of two-dimensional arrays called Conway's Game of
Life.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:
> ml/drguinet7_update.asp

> Drives and Directories and Files! Oh, My!
> In this article, Rocky Lhotka describes the support and flexibility
offered
> by Visual Basic .NET in terms of interacting with files and directories,
and
> provides a best practices approach on applying it to your applications.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> DALGRoadmap.asp

> --

> Yair Alan Griver
> Lead PM/Evangelist
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:22:18 GMT
 yag's status report - August 8, 2002
We're definitely looking at improving the help files. I'll get this to the
right people. Thanks.

yag

--

Yair Alan Griver
Lead PM/Evangelist

> This look very nice. Could these appear as part of the help files someday?
> Getting tired of getting boilerplate function/event definitions without
any
> practical examples.

> Just a thought...

> Thanks,

> Mark Lewis
> President
> Mark D. Lewis Inc.

> > Status Report - August 8, 2002

> > Lots of fun things to report on. I'm going to just list them in no
> apparent
> > order. <g>

> >   1.. We've posted 101 new VB .NET samples online! Check out the
following
> If
> > you have any ideas for samples that you'd like to see, just respond to
> this
> > message here online and I'll make sure to collect them.
> >   2.. We've started our user group tour. Mike Iem and I were in Denver
> this
> > past Monday and had a great time (despite the flu <g>). Thanks to all
> those
> > who came to see us. Check out http://www.*-*-*.com/
for
> [...]

22:00
> > GMT)

> > Join Microsoft experts in an online chat to discuss debugging .NET
> > applications using the Visual Studio .NET De{*filter*}.

> > White Papers
> > Deploying Hybrid Visual Basic 6.0 / Visual Basic .NET Applications

> > This paper demonstrates how to deploy applications that contain both
> Visual
> > Basic? 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET components.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:
> > t/html/vbcondeployinghybridvisualbasic60visualbasicnetapplications.asp

> > Conway's Game of Life as a Windows Forms Application
> > Welcome back to Dr. GUI's latest article on .NET Framework
> programming-this
> > time, an application of two-dimensional arrays called Conway's Game of

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > DALGRoadmap.asp

> > --

> > Yair Alan Griver
> > Lead PM/Evangelist
> > Microsoft Corporation

> rights.

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:21:16 GMT
 yag's status report - August 8, 2002
Thanks - got it on the list...

yag

--

Yair Alan Griver
Lead PM/Evangelist

> [...]

22:00
> > GMT)

> > Join Microsoft experts in an online chat to discuss debugging .NET
> > applications using the Visual Studio .NET De{*filter*}.

> > White Papers
> > Deploying Hybrid Visual Basic 6.0 / Visual Basic .NET Applications

> > This paper demonstrates how to deploy applications that contain both
> Visual
> > Basic? 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET components.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:
> > t/html/vbcondeployinghybridvisualbasic60visualbasicnetapplications.asp

> > Conway's Game of Life as a Windows Forms Application
> > Welcome back to Dr. GUI's latest article on .NET Framework
> programming-this
> > time, an application of two-dimensional arrays called Conway's Game of

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > DALGRoadmap.asp

> > --

> > Yair Alan Griver
> > Lead PM/Evangelist
> > Microsoft Corporation

> rights.

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:20:34 GMT
 yag's status report - August 8, 2002
How about a decent article on Taming the Winform Datagrid.

by this I mean getting more out of it than a basic edit of a datatable, I
want info on  Sorting, Formatting, Combos, Images, Hyperlinks, printing,
validating datagrid input, multiline controls, celltips, CellEvents
(doubleclick,drag and drop), controlling the DrillDowns (ie adding
tablestyles), and not to mention of course programmatically selecting rows,
drill down Filters, synchronised grids, handling foreign keys etc ...

 All based on a databound grids, Someone has got to be able to produce a
real application using this control. I will even allow you to use the
Northwind or pubs databases! boring I know but at least they have got some
data in there ...

Ms produced this control, its about time they demonstrated it can be used in
a production environment!

Source code in VB for me please ... (i find its more readable)

Colin

Quote:
> Thanks - got it on the list...

> yag

> --

> Yair Alan Griver
> Lead PM/Evangelist
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> [...]

> 22:00
> > > GMT)

> > > Join Microsoft experts in an online chat to discuss debugging .NET
> > > applications using the Visual Studio .NET De{*filter*}.

> > > White Papers
> > > Deploying Hybrid Visual Basic 6.0 / Visual Basic .NET Applications

> > > This paper demonstrates how to deploy applications that contain both
> > Visual
> > > Basic? 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET components.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:
> > > t/html/vbcondeployinghybridvisualbasic60visualbasicnetapplications.asp

> > > Conway's Game of Life as a Windows Forms Application
> > > Welcome back to Dr. GUI's latest article on .NET Framework
> > programming-this
> > > time, an application of two-dimensional arrays called Conway's Game of

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > > DALGRoadmap.asp

> > > --

> > > Yair Alan Griver
> > > Lead PM/Evangelist
> > > Microsoft Corporation

> > rights.

Thu, 03 Feb 2005 05:23:34 GMT
 yag's status report - August 8, 2002
I'll push at the right people... <g>

yag

--

Yair Alan Griver
Lead PM/Evangelist

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > for

> > > GMT)

> This
> > it

Control

> > > GMT)

> > number

( http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > Come
> are

> 22:00

> > great

( http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > 22:00

> > object
> power
> > of
> > and
> you
> > > are

> > 22:00

> > > Visual

http://www.*-*-*.com/
t/html/vbcondeployinghybridvisualbasic60visualbasicnetapplications.asp
Quote:

> > > programming-this
> > > Life.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:

> > > offered
> directories,
> > > and
> applications.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > > rights.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 04:00:20 GMT
 yag's status report - August 8, 2002
appreciate it, the winform datagrid is a frustrating developer experience

Quote:
> I'll push at the right people... <g>

> yag

> --

> Yair Alan Griver
> Lead PM/Evangelist
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > directories,
> > applications.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 05:12:46 GMT
 yag's status report - August 8, 2002
I hear ya... FYI, I just got back an email that confirms that the white
paper has been assigned to some folks. I'll keep an eye on it...

yag

--

Yair Alan Griver
Lead PM/Evangelist

http://www.*-*-*.com/

http://www.*-*-*.com/

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> no

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 03:13:21 GMT
 yag's status report - August 8, 2002
nice one !

Quote:
> I hear ya... FYI, I just got back an email that confirms that the white
> paper has been assigned to some folks. I'll keep an eye on it...

> yag

> --

> Yair Alan Griver
> Lead PM/Evangelist
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

http://www.*-*-*.com/

http://www.*-*-*.com/

read more »

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 04:05:00 GMT

1. yag's status report - August 22, 2002

2. yag's status report - July 19, 2002

3. yag's status report - June 27, 2002

4. yag's status report - July 11, 2002

5. yag's status report - June 7, 2002

6. yag's status report - June 13, 2002

7. yag's status report - July 5, 2002

8. yag's status report - May 23, 2002

9. yag's status report - May 16, 2002

10. yag's status report - May 9, 2002

11. yag's status report - May 2, 2002

12. yag's status report - April 25, 2002