how to determine if a file i is in FTP upload progress??
Author Message
 how to determine if a file i is in FTP upload progress??
im readin files from an FTP server. i need to know if the file is still in
progress of being uploaded to the ftp server, but i read and process it. in
some cases, with large files, i can read it, but its not complete, because
its still being uploaded. how can i check before i try to read?

thanks
stephane

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 12:30:44 GMT
 how to determine if a file i is in FTP upload progress??
I have not tried it, but I guess that you can try to open the file
exlusively for write, and if succeeds, it may indicate that FTP server has
finished writing to it. And if it throws an exception, it indicates that
the FTP server has not finished yet.

David Yuan [MSFT]
"Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com".

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:06:18 GMT

1. Determining when FTP server file Upload complete

2. FTP Upload Progress Bar

3. FTP upload with progress indicator

4. FTP - determining if incoming FTP file is loaded before FTPing it out

5. Winsock File Upload Progress?

6. Need Progress Bar for File Uploads

7. upload file FTP (passive) ?

8. Upload file to ftp/web server with VB.nET

9. Empty file on FTP upload

10. how to connect to internet and upload files via ftp

11. How to upload file to ftp site

12. check if file exists before uploading FTP