Domain Model
Author Message
 Domain Model

Hello,

I am about to start using VB.NET and noticed that there seems to be big push
to mimimize the need to build components, in particular with ASP.NET.  I
have not used ADO.NET but from what I have seen it appears to simulate a
object hiearchy with its ability to store multiple tables and relations
between the tables.

Most of my current VB classic application are built upon a custom domain
model.  I would be interested to hear what your experience is with VB.NET,
if you have built domain models in the past do you continue to do so with
VB.NET and if so is there anything particular to ADO.NET that I should apply
when considering my model?

Dan

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 23:25:46 GMT
 Domain Model
Hello,

Quote:
> Most of my current VB classic application are built upon a
> custom domain model.  I would be interested to hear what your
> experience is with VB.NET, if you have built domain models in
> the past do you continue to do so with VB.NET and if so is
> there anything particular to ADO.NET that I should apply
> when considering my model?

This is a general application/data design related question.

Maybe the database folks can give you an answer:

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 07:55:21 GMT
 Domain Model
Herfried,
This is more of a design issue independent of the database.  I am interested
in how everyone uses ADO.NET as compared to the original ADO with respect to
OOD.

For instance I currently have defined a domain model that contains classes
such as Project, TimeSheet, Assignee etc..  The have properties and methods.
I also have defined some classes that I have dubbed "Finders"  they will
look for the various object in a local cache and if they are not found will
go the database to retrieve the data for the objects and populate the
objects.

With the new version of ADO.NET there seems to be an inherent hiearchy, I
was just interested if people are now taking advantage of this an how?

Thanks,
Dan

Quote:
> Hello,

> > Most of my current VB classic application are built upon a
> > custom domain model.  I would be interested to hear what your
> > experience is with VB.NET, if you have built domain models in
> > the past do you continue to do so with VB.NET and if so is
> > there anything particular to ADO.NET that I should apply
> > when considering my model?

> This is a general application/data design related question.

> Maybe the database folks can give you an answer:

> Regards,
> Herfried K. Wagner
> --
> http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 21:09:09 GMT

1. domain pruefen domain provider es domain registrieren domain angebot no domain

2. domaene sichern de tc domain domain registrieren preisvergleich kostenlose toplevel domain de domain preis

3. plesk domain anmeldung domaene langsam anmeldung an domain de domain kaufen domain suchen

4. Report Object Model/Viewer Object Model

5. Need a Pro in Database Modeling (Geographical boundaries Modeling)

6. 3-d models (or modeling) in VB

7. Add a user in domain 2 from domain 1 using the classes in the DirectoryServices

8. finding all domains under the root domain

9. authentication problems from domain to domain

10. How to List Domain Controllers in domain

11. Getting domain name of parent domain

12. NT Domain Group Assignments Retrieved Across Domains