Tell me you experience in convert code from VB 6 to VB.NET or C#
Author Message
 Tell me you experience in convert code from VB 6 to VB.NET or C#

any negative experience??

Pawel

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 01:37:56 GMT
 Tell me you experience in convert code from VB 6 to VB.NET or C#
Pawel, this is a VERY broad question.  You will get a much better response
if you narrow it down to specifics and then post in just the related
newsgroups.  VB6, VB.Net and C# are all different languages.  You are going
to run into more or less problems depending on what you are doing, what your
background is, etc...

--
Greg
http://www.claritycon.com

Quote:
> any negative experience??

> Pawel

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 11:07:10 GMT
 Tell me you experience in convert code from VB 6 to VB.NET or C#
I just completed a coversion on one of my VB6 applications
and it wasn't as straight forward as you would think, but
that is how it is with all of MS upgrades. My app has
around 15 classes and 20 forms. My biggest problem was
that I didn't know enough about vb.net to know what to do
when I ran into problems. I ended up re writing much of
the application to get it to work and each problem
required some research on my part. The good news is that
it helped me learn .net.

Mike

Quote:

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:53:24 GMT

1. Convert VB.Net to C#, convert C# to VB.Net

2. Code Convert from C# to VB.Net

3. Convert VB.NET code to C#?

4. How to Convert Escape Characters from C# to VB.NET

5. Convert C# to VB.NET

6. Convert the following C# code to VB please

7. Help ?? Convert C# code into VB

8. Please tell me you experience in writing a .NET application in 2 languages (VB.NET and C#)

9. Help converting C# code into VB

10. C# code in VB.Net

11. Calling C# unmanaged code from VB.NET

12. Same Code which Works in C# and not in VB.NET