VB Compiler: Can this be done ?
Author Message
 VB Compiler: Can this be done ?

Hi,

I was wondering,

Is there a way to just like a ProductVersion have a compileID which is
different each time the sourcecode is compiled

so that 2 compilations of the same code would still generate a different ID

Thnx.

---

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:17:34 GMT
 VB Compiler: Can this be done ?
Hi
You can look at AssemblyInfo.vb file and can change the version and revision
number manually.

thanks
chitra , colin  VB

> Hi,

> I was wondering,

> Is there a way to just like a ProductVersion have a compileID which is
> different each time the sourcecode is compiled

> so that 2 compilations of the same code would still generate a different
ID

> Thnx.

> ---

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 03:30:03 GMT
 VB Compiler: Can this be done ?
The closest thing to this is the AssemblyVersion that is generated each time
you build.
Look in your AssemblyInfo.vb file and you will see an entry that looks like
this:
<Assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.*")>

The number will be auto-gen'ed as long as you have 1.0.* as opposed to
something like 1.0.0.0 which means it will be the same every time.

You can access this version number from code by using reflection like so:

MsgBox(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly.GetName().Version.ToS
tring())

Dave & Yu-Fang
VB.NET Development

> Hi,

> I was wondering,

> Is there a way to just like a ProductVersion have a compileID which is
> different each time the sourcecode is compiled

> so that 2 compilations of the same code would still generate a different
ID

> Thnx.

> ---

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 04:12:58 GMT
 VB Compiler: Can this be done ?
Hi,

You see, I need something which is auto generated because
scores for my application are kept in a database
but when someone changes the sourcecode (which is available) and
compiles the application I want those scores to be saved in a other table
therefore I need something which changes but cannot be affected by
source-code

I will try this approach you suggested.

Thnx. TP.

Quote:
> The closest thing to this is the AssemblyVersion that is generated each
time
> you build.
> Look in your AssemblyInfo.vb file and you will see an entry that looks
like
> this:
> <Assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.*")>

> The number will be auto-gen'ed as long as you have 1.0.* as opposed to
> something like 1.0.0.0 which means it will be the same every time.

> You can access this version number from code by using reflection like so:

MsgBox(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly.GetName().Version.ToS

Quote:
> tring())

> Dave & Yu-Fang
> VB.NET Development

> --
rights.

> > Hi,

> > I was wondering,

> > Is there a way to just like a ProductVersion have a compileID which is
> > different each time the sourcecode is compiled

> > so that 2 compilations of the same code would still generate a different
> ID

> > Thnx.

> > ---

---

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:49:53 GMT
 VB Compiler: Can this be done ?
Try multiplying this number with a numeric Date/Time of the program!

Quote:
> Hi,

> You see, I need something which is auto generated because
> scores for my application are kept in a database
> but when someone changes the sourcecode (which is available) and
> compiles the application I want those scores to be saved in a other table
> therefore I need something which changes but cannot be affected by
> source-code

> I will try this approach you suggested.

> Thnx. TP.

> > The closest thing to this is the AssemblyVersion that is generated each
> time
> > you build.
> > Look in your AssemblyInfo.vb file and you will see an entry that looks
> like
> > this:
> > <Assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.*")>

> > The number will be auto-gen'ed as long as you have 1.0.* as opposed to
> > something like 1.0.0.0 which means it will be the same every time.

> > You can access this version number from code by using reflection like
so:

MsgBox(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly.GetName().Version.ToS

> > tring())

> > Dave & Yu-Fang
> > VB.NET Development

> > --
> rights.

> > > Hi,

> > > I was wondering,

> > > Is there a way to just like a ProductVersion have a compileID which is
> > > different each time the sourcecode is compiled

> > > so that 2 compilations of the same code would still generate a
different
> > ID

> > > Thnx.

> > > ---

> ---

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:19:50 GMT

1. line graph in vb (canned routine)

2. 'Canned' data in VB program

3. Recordset: What am I doing wrong?

4. What am I doing wrong??

5. What am I doing wrong?

6. Help with syntax. What am I doing wrong

7. What am I doing wrong?

8. What am I doing wrong?

9. What am I doing wrong?

10. Please tell me what I am doing wrong - DAO parameter Append Query :(

11. Can this be done or am I dreaming?

12. Am I doing the OpenRecordset command correctly?