Using arabic in a resource file
Author Message
 Using arabic in a resource file

I am using Visual Studio.Net to create a multilingual web application.
I am using the resource file capability and it is working great. I am
encountering a strange error in the arabic version though. If I load a
paragraph or table cell with the contents of a field from the resource
file, it displays correctly. However, if I load the same resource
field in an image ".Alt" property the letters appear in reverse - I
guess it is using dir=LTR instead of RTL.  I am using charset=UTF-8

Does anyone know how to make the image Alt field display correctly.

TIA...Terry

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:16:36 GMT
 Using arabic in a resource file
The .alt property does not support RTL reading order.
The workaround to force RTL reading order in this case is
to insert the RLE mark at the beginning of your text.

To do this, place your cursor at the beginning of the
text.  Right click and select "Insert Unicode control
character" on the context menu.  Then select "RLE Start
of Right to Left embedding".  Your text should then
display in RTL mode.

Note, your original text must be in LTR reading order
before you enter the RLE mark, otherwise the direction
will not be overriden correctly.  If you are editing the
text in the XML editor, for example, make sure the text
is LTR reading order by pressing Ctrl + Left Shift in the
cell you are working in.

Hope this helps,
Marin

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and
confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. (c)
2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Quote:

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 03:26:05 GMT

1. Using gif files in a resource file

2. Arabic data entry using VB6 Text box

3. adding resources to the resource sheet in ms project using vba

4. Trouble using resource file

5. Problem in using resources file in class library

6. using Resource Files???

7. Using Resource files

8. Using resource file to load Tab strip images

9. Resource Files...adding and using images.....................

10. using resource files

11. Using resource file for bitmaps in FlexGrid

12. using resource files in VB5