Beta Version
Author Message
 Beta Version

Hello,

Does anyone know if the beta version is still available for download?

Thanks in advance

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 05:31:06 GMT
 Beta Version
Frank,
If you were a software development company, why on earth would you want to
continue to make an older,  beta version of your product available nearly 3
months after you had released it to manufacturing and it was for sale to the
public?
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample...
rl=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true)

Quote:
> Hello,

> Does anyone know if the beta version is still available for download?

> Thanks in advance

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:33:16 GMT
 Beta Version
Peter,

Thanks for your response. I guess I should have prefaced my question with my
next comment. I simply want to try the product first before I buy it.
Something like the Borland folks do with their "Delphi personal version". In
this case, I'm not aware of such a thing with the MS products or is there?

Thanks again for your help..

Quote:
> Frank,
> If you were a software development company, why on earth would you want to
> continue to make an older,  beta version of your product available nearly
3
> months after you had released it to manufacturing and it was for sale to
the
> public?

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample...
Quote:
> rl=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true)

> > Hello,

> > Does anyone know if the beta version is still available for download?

> > Thanks in advance

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:12:11 GMT
 Beta Version
One last question....  would the vb.net stuff be contained in the .NET
Framework SDK?

Thanks again...

> Frank,
> If you were a software development company, why on earth would you want to
> continue to make an older,  beta version of your product available nearly
3
> months after you had released it to manufacturing and it was for sale to
the
> public?

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample...
Quote:
> rl=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml&frame=true)

> > Hello,

> > Does anyone know if the beta version is still available for download?

> > Thanks in advance

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:22:05 GMT
 Beta Version

Quote:
> One last question....  would the vb.net stuff be contained in the .NET
> Framework SDK?

Yes it is but you do not get an IDE with the Framework SDK, only a command
line compiler and a simple De{*filter*} app.

If you want to try out a nice .NET (C# based) Open Source IDE, check out
SharpDevelop ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ). You get
full C# source if you want. It isn't near as nice as Visual Studio.NET but
it will at least get you up and running without having to resort to a
command line compiler.

Regards,

Cal

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:40:03 GMT
 Beta Version
Thanks... I was really hoping I could preview the VB.NET standard
environment prior to having to purchase the actual product.

Thanks again..
--------------

Quote:
> > One last question....  would the vb.net stuff be contained in the .NET
> > Framework SDK?

> Yes it is but you do not get an IDE with the Framework SDK, only a command
> line compiler and a simple De{*filter*} app.

> If you want to try out a nice .NET (C# based) Open Source IDE, check out
> SharpDevelop ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ). You
get
> full C# source if you want. It isn't near as nice as Visual Studio.NET but
> it will at least get you up and running without having to resort to a
> command line compiler.

> Regards,

> Cal

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:39:26 GMT
 Beta Version
Frank,
Have you looked at getting the Trial edition?

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Hope this helps
Jay

Quote:
> Thanks... I was really hoping I could preview the VB.NET standard
> environment prior to having to purchase the actual product.

> Thanks again..
> --------------

> > > One last question....  would the vb.net stuff be contained in the .NET
> > > Framework SDK?

> > Yes it is but you do not get an IDE with the Framework SDK, only a
command
> > line compiler and a simple De{*filter*} app.

> > If you want to try out a nice .NET (C# based) Open Source IDE, check out
> > SharpDevelop ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ). You
> get
> > full C# source if you want. It isn't near as nice as Visual Studio.NET
but
> > it will at least get you up and running without having to resort to a
> > command line compiler.

> > Regards,

> > Cal

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:11:10 GMT
 Beta Version

Quote:
> Have you looked at getting the Trial edition?

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/trial.asp

Hey Jay, Thanks for pointing that out. Was not aware there was a trial
download. Will have to bookmark that for the next time I see this question.

Cal

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 06:59:01 GMT

1. Announcing BETA version of MySQL provider for .NET

2. Problems from beta versions

3. Visual Basic.NET Beta version?

4. VB.net beta version

5. Announcement: UCalc Fast Math Parser - new beta version

6. vba beta version...?

7. Olectra Resizer Beta Version available for download

8. can't open databasebecause it eascreated in a beta version of access

9. VB beta version 4.0

10. Developer program, beta-version of VB4.0 ?

11. Olectra Resizer Beta Version available for download

12. Export to PDF Beta version