&H before integer value
Author Message
 &H before integer value

I'm getting wierd values for my numeric data (integer, long
datatypes). For example, I make this statement,

Dim iTest As Integer = 4 + 4

The resulting iTest value is "&H8". What could be the problem??

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:06:21 GMT
 &H before integer value
Probably you have set show exadecimal format in VS.Net ide...

HTH
--
Corrado Cavalli
UGIdotNET - http://www.ugidotnet.org

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:34:50 GMT
 &H before integer value
What you are seeing is the hexidecimal representation. I believe there is a
setting in the IDE. The answer is correct, however.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

****
Think outside the box!
****

Quote:
> I'm getting wierd values for my numeric data (integer, long
> datatypes). For example, I make this statement,

> Dim iTest As Integer = 4 + 4

> The resulting iTest value is "&H8". What could be the problem??

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:57:03 GMT
 &H before integer value
You have the debugging option of Hex display turned on. To turn it off do
the following:

Within the .NET IDE main menu bar click Tools->Options
The Options window appears
In the group listing on the left hand side choose "Debugging" subheading
"General"
The first checkbox on the right hand side is "Hexadecimal Display"
Uncheck it
Click Ok.

Now your watch windows will display in standard decimal values

-Andy

Andy Johns
Senior Consultant-Architect
Magenic Technologies

Quote:
> I'm getting wierd values for my numeric data (integer, long
> datatypes). For example, I make this statement,

> Dim iTest As Integer = 4 + 4

> The resulting iTest value is "&H8". What could be the problem??

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 03:03:23 GMT

1. Illegal use of Null Values !^&*$@^&*^$&*

2. restricting values of integers in code

3. Pass integer Value from forms Class mod to report class mod

4. integer values for fields

5. Enum String Value (deriving from a Type Name and an Integer)

6. Listbox.Text to integer value

7. intialize integer to blank value?

8. Help: converting long integer colour values to RGB

9. Storing multiple setting values in an Integer

10. Conversion from string value to long integer.

11. Problem : Unable to pass an integer value from Visual Basic to Fortran DLL

12. Retrieving integer value from Registry