text selection with mouse not working in combobox
Author Message
 text selection with mouse not working in combobox

In the Windows Forms textbox, holding the mouse and dragging it over a
portion of the text selects the text.  Doing the same thing in the edit box
portion of a combobox does not select any text.

Does anyone know whether this is a bug in the combobox control, or if there
is a specific property which must be set in order to enable this behaviour?
Also, assuming it is a problem with the control itself, how would one work
around it?

Thanks,
Jim

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:17:59 GMT
 text selection with mouse not working in combobox
Hi Jim,
Yes, this is a known issue.  The best workaround is to click in the box and
use the shift and arrow keys to partially select text in the combobox.
Thanks,
Steve, Ernest and Sunder
VB.Net

> In the Windows Forms textbox, holding the mouse and dragging it over a
> portion of the text selects the text.  Doing the same thing in the edit
box
> portion of a combobox does not select any text.

> Does anyone know whether this is a bug in the combobox control, or if
there
> is a specific property which must be set in order to enable this
behaviour?
> Also, assuming it is a problem with the control itself, how would one work
> around it?

> Thanks,
> Jim

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 04:22:35 GMT
 text selection with mouse not working in combobox
Hello VBDotNet Team [MS]

Are there really no API hacks available to work around this issue?

There is a second bug related to this one.
When the list is visible (popped down) and then I click on its text
part, the list disappears. This is not as expected. The list should
only disappear if I click outside of the text part (e.g. the ComboBox
button or totally outside)

When will this bug be fixed?
I hope that the fixed .NET ComboBox behaves like the one in an Access
2000 table.

By the way - why don't you deliver a flat style Combobox? Is this so
difficult or do you not want to?

Stephan

Quote:
> Hi Jim,
> Yes, this is a known issue.  The best workaround is to click in the box and
> use the shift and arrow keys to partially select text in the combobox.
> Thanks,
> Steve, Ernest and Sunder
> VB.Net
> --

> > In the Windows Forms textbox, holding the mouse and dragging it over a
> > portion of the text selects the text.  Doing the same thing in the edit
>  box
> > portion of a combobox does not select any text.

> > Does anyone know whether this is a bug in the combobox control, or if
>  there
> > is a specific property which must be set in order to enable this
>  behaviour?
> > Also, assuming it is a problem with the control itself, how would one work
> > around it?

> > Thanks,
> > Jim

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 01:05:57 GMT

1. Converting Doc Form to HTML Loses Drop-Down (ComboBox) Selection Text

2. Combobox text selection(highlighting)

3. Add empty item for clearing of combobox .text/selection

4. ComboBox Change Event Does not fire when user changes selection

5. Text selection by mouse

6. Selection.InsertRowsBelow does not work in Word 97

7. selection not working

8. Selection.EndOf not working

9. Drop-down selection not working - help!

10. File List Box.Pattern selections not working??

11. Drop-down selection not working - help!

12. multiple selection list box not working.