for your help.  Can apps be written for .Net Compact using VB.net Standard
or is this another thing that only the folks with big bucks can do?

Thanks

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:03:38 GMT
 .Net Compact
With the Mobile Tookit, you can create WAP/WML applications (yes, I know
this is not the question, but it is pertinent). With the forthcoming Compact
Framework (now available from MSDN in beta), you will be able to use any
.NET language to create CE applications (I assume this is more to your
question). I am not sure how Microsoft will price the Compact Framework when
it is released.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

****
Think outside the box!
****

Quote:
> I can't seem to find a direct statement concerning this, so thought I'd
ask
> for your help.  Can apps be written for .Net Compact using VB.net Standard
> or is this another thing that only the folks with big bucks can do?

> Thanks

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:51:28 GMT
 .Net Compact
Seems that it will be an add-on for VB.NET (all versions).  The price, I
hope will be free, like it has been in the past for other compact device
development tools (like embedded VB and C++).

Ryan Gregg

Quote:
> I can't seem to find a direct statement concerning this, so thought I'd
ask
> for your help.  Can apps be written for .Net Compact using VB.net Standard
> or is this another thing that only the folks with big bucks can do?

> Thanks

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:17:19 GMT
 .Net Compact
There's another MS newsgroup that targets compact framework development -
you may find a lot of useful information there regarding tools and
timelines. I don't know the name of it off the top of my head, but it should
be easy to find.

HTH

--
Phil Baugham, MCP
Senior Software Engineer

Quote:
> I can't seem to find a direct statement concerning this, so thought I'd
ask
> for your help.  Can apps be written for .Net Compact using VB.net Standard
> or is this another thing that only the folks with big bucks can do?

> Thanks

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 03:56:50 GMT

1. Seeking testers for Final Beta of Communications Component for .NET (and .NET Compact Framework)

2. Shell function in .NET Compact Framework

3. ANN: NET Compact Framework chat today!

4. evb dll in .net compact frmwk

5. ANN: NET Compact Framework chat today!

6. Techniques for filling lists using the .NET Compact Framework - new DEVBUZZ tutorial

7. Smart Device Extensions & .NET Compact Framework

8. Online Chat - .Net Compact Frameworks - Wednesday 31st October 12:00 PST.

9. VB .NET and Compact Framework

10. VB .NET & compact framework

11. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

12. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET