Help...Problems with New Version of VS.Net
Author Message
 Help...Problems with New Version of VS.Net

I've just downloaded the new version of VS.Net to replace Beta 2 and I've
had a ton of problems...when I did the uninstall of Beta 2, it left a lot of
old registry settings behind and the new version refused to install...I had
to manually edit a number of registry settings to finish the uninstall.

Now I'm having a problem recreating a web service I created with Beta 2.
When I try to open or create a webservice, I get an error that says "Cannot
Load FP5AUTL.DLL".

Has anyone seen this?  Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Chuck

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:51:10 GMT
 Help...Problems with New Version of VS.Net
I have had similar experiences and my best solution was to just start fresh.
Fortunately, I have been using the various versions of .NET on an old
computer and had that luxury.  Hopefully someone has found a better
solution, but starting fresh seemed like the fastest and easiest method to
upgrade.

Matthew Arnheiter

Quote:
> I've just downloaded the new version of VS.Net to replace Beta 2 and I've
> had a ton of problems...when I did the uninstall of Beta 2, it left a lot
of
> old registry settings behind and the new version refused to install...I
had
> to manually edit a number of registry settings to finish the uninstall.

> Now I'm having a problem recreating a web service I created with Beta 2.
> When I try to open or create a webservice, I get an error that says
"Cannot
> Load FP5AUTL.DLL".

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:57:20 GMT
 Help...Problems with New Version of VS.Net
Hi Mathew,

Thanks for your response...what exactly do you mean by "starting fresh"?  Do
you mean uninstalling Beta 2 and then installing the new version?  (That's
what I did)  Or do you mean something more than that (like rebuild the
operating system)?

My system is really screwed up now and I may have to restore the whole thing
from a backup...(fortunately I have a very recent backup before I attempted
to do this upgrade.

Just to clarify the problems I had, I tried initially to do an upgrade from
Beta 2 to the new version and it wouldn't let me do that at all, it insisted
that I had to uninstall Beta2 first, which I did, but the uninstall of Beta2
was incomplete and left a lot of pieces behind (like registry entries).

Then when I attempted to install the new version, it complained that Beta2
was still installed, because it saw all these registry entries that were
still there and refused to install...the only way I could get it to install
was to manually find the registry entries that referred to the DotNet
platform and remove them...now my system is a bit screwed up and I' having
trouble getting it back to a clean state (either Beta 2 or the new version).

I'm going to be working late tonight on this to try to get it resolved.  I'm
preparing to do a restore of the registry now from my backup.

I would advise others who have beta 2 to use caution before they jump too
quickly into this upgrade.

Chuck

Quote:
> I have had similar experiences and my best solution was to just start
fresh.
> Fortunately, I have been using the various versions of .NET on an old
> computer and had that luxury.  Hopefully someone has found a better
> solution, but starting fresh seemed like the fastest and easiest method to
> upgrade.

> Matthew Arnheiter

> > I've just downloaded the new version of VS.Net to replace Beta 2 and
I've
> > had a ton of problems...when I did the uninstall of Beta 2, it left a
lot
> of
> > old registry settings behind and the new version refused to install...I
> had
> > to manually edit a number of registry settings to finish the uninstall.

> > Now I'm having a problem recreating a web service I created with Beta 2.
> > When I try to open or create a webservice, I get an error that says
> "Cannot
> > Load FP5AUTL.DLL".

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:23:41 GMT
 Help...Problems with New Version of VS.Net
Hi Chuck,

     Even I had problem not the exact problem but similar
to it.I was not in a position to create web applications
so what I did i reinstalled beta 3 and then installed IIS
again now it is working absolutly fine.I think there
should be a solution when you are upgrading to beta3 but
as of now it seems that you reinstall ur .net application
with IIS.

Thanks,

Bhanu

Quote:

message

>> I have had similar experiences and my best solution was
to just start
>fresh.
>> Fortunately, I have been using the various versions
of .NET on an old
>> computer and had that luxury.  Hopefully someone has
found a better
>> solution, but starting fresh seemed like the fastest

and easiest method to
Quote:
>> upgrade.

>> Matthew Arnheiter

message

>> > I've just downloaded the new version of VS.Net to
replace Beta 2 and
>I've
>> > had a ton of problems...when I did the uninstall of
Beta 2, it left a
>lot
>> of
>> > old registry settings behind and the new version

refused to install...I
Quote:
>> had
>> > to manually edit a number of registry settings to

finish the uninstall.
Quote:

>> > Now I'm having a problem recreating a web service I

created with Beta 2.

>> > When I try to open or create a webservice, I get an
error that says
>> "Cannot
>> > Load FP5AUTL.DLL".

>.

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:55:42 GMT
 Help...Problems with New Version of VS.Net
I've made some progress on this, but I've discovered another
"gotcha"...Reinstalling the latest version of the FrontPage 2002 Server
Extensions definitely helps, I can now at least create and access a
webservice project; however, I can't create a reference to it.

The problem now seems to be that when you install the FrontPage 2002 Server
Extensions, it doesn't uninstall the old FrontPage server extensions and you
wind up with two sets of server extensions on your web server that aren't
compatible.  I don't know how to get rid of the old FrontPage Server
extensions.  Has anyone experinced this?

Thanks,

Chuck

Quote:
> I've just downloaded the new version of VS.Net to replace Beta 2 and I've
> had a ton of problems...when I did the uninstall of Beta 2, it left a lot
of
> old registry settings behind and the new version refused to install...I
had
> to manually edit a number of registry settings to finish the uninstall.

> Now I'm having a problem recreating a web service I created with Beta 2.
> When I try to open or create a webservice, I get an error that says
"Cannot
> Load FP5AUTL.DLL".

> Has anyone seen this?  Is there a solution?

> Thanks,

> Chuck

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:38:39 GMT

1. VS.Net Version vs .Net Framework version

2. VS.NET doesn't autoincrement version

3. VS.net 2003 and college version

4. VS.NET version 1.1

5. Crystal version 9 ADO.NET - Developer vs Advanced

6. How Upgrade VS.NET Crystal to 9 version?

7. Crystal 8 vs version in visual studio.net 2003

8. VS.NET 2003 project back to VS.NET 2002

9. Upgrading to VS.Net 2003 from VS.Net 2002

10. New versions of DownloadWunder.net and Nebula control collection

11. New version of DownloadWunder.net (1.20.1000.1)