Prob w/shortcut created in Setup/Deployment
Author Message
 Prob w/shortcut created in Setup/Deployment

I am using the Setup and Deployment project to specify
the primary output (nice little walkthrough at
http://www.*-*-*.com/
us/vsintro7/html/vbtskCreatingInstallerForYourApplication.
asp?frame=true) for my shortcut that does get placed on
the desktop as it should. When I use the shortcut to run
the program, I get this error: "The installation source
for this product is not available. Verify that the source
exists and you can access it." The shortcut only points
to the application directory rather than my executable.
That seems odd but when I add the executable by hand in
the shortcut properties, I get the same error when I run
it. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
cp

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 05:14:00 GMT

1. invalid shortcuts when creating deployment package

2. Package & Deployment Wizard - creating a desktop shortcut

3. how do I create desktop shortcut with package and deployment wizard

4. creating .NET Setup and deployment appln

5. problem with the setup created by the package&deployment wizard

6. CreateProcess() error when running setup.exe created with the Package and Deployment Wizard

7. Create A Desktop Shortcut During Setup

8. Using setup to create a program shortcut

9. Access 2000 Deployment References and/or Compile Prob.

10. Desperate Help needed - Deployment Prob

11. VB 6 DEployment: Prob with misssing files.

12. Deployment project conditional shortcut assignments