catch the value of a datagrid row
Author Message
 catch the value of a datagrid row

Hi,

how can i get the value of a row I click?
Ex:

I have a datagrid with:

-BREAD
-MEAT
-FISH

I choose to click fish... so I have to view the "details" of fish in a new
form.
Some kind of "id" of the cell.
(Fish has a hide "3" that correspond to the id)
This also when the user chhose to change the order of the row
by clicking on the columns.

Please heeeellllp!!
Simone

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:24:13 GMT
 catch the value of a datagrid row
yuo have to use:

datagrid.item(rowID, columnID)

and yuo have the value of the cell

bye Fausto

Quote:
> Hi,

> how can i get the value of a row I click?
> Ex:

> I have a datagrid with:

> -BREAD
> -MEAT
> -FISH

> I choose to click fish... so I have to view the "details" of fish in a new
> form.
> Some kind of "id" of the cell.
> (Fish has a hide "3" that correspond to the id)
> This also when the user chhose to change the order of the row
> by clicking on the columns.

> Please heeeellllp!!
> Simone

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 22:08:06 GMT
 catch the value of a datagrid row
Hi Fausto,
and how do I get the rowID and columnID
best regards
Klaus Eckert
---------------------------------

Quote:
> yuo have to use:

> datagrid.item(rowID, columnID)

> and yuo have the value of the cell

> bye Fausto

> > Hi,

> > how can i get the value of a row I click?
> > Ex:

> > I have a datagrid with:

> > -BREAD
> > -MEAT
> > -FISH

> > I choose to click fish... so I have to view the "details" of fish in a
new
> > form.
> > Some kind of "id" of the cell.
> > (Fish has a hide "3" that correspond to the id)
> > This also when the user chhose to change the order of the row
> > by clicking on the columns.

> > Please heeeellllp!!
> > Simone

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:38:30 GMT
 catch the value of a datagrid row
datagrid.CurrentRowIndex

for the rowID.....

for the column really i don't know

Bye Fausto

Quote:
> Hi Fausto,
> and how do I get the rowID and columnID
> best regards
> Klaus Eckert
> ---------------------------------

> > yuo have to use:

> > datagrid.item(rowID, columnID)

> > and yuo have the value of the cell

> > bye Fausto

> > > Hi,

> > > how can i get the value of a row I click?
> > > Ex:

> > > I have a datagrid with:

> > > -BREAD
> > > -MEAT
> > > -FISH

> > > I choose to click fish... so I have to view the "details" of fish in a
> new
> > > form.
> > > Some kind of "id" of the cell.
> > > (Fish has a hide "3" that correspond to the id)
> > > This also when the user chhose to change the order of the row
> > > by clicking on the columns.

> > > Please heeeellllp!!
> > > Simone

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:25:49 GMT
 catch the value of a datagrid row
Hi Fausto,

Datagrid.CurrentRowIndex
is a great help for me. Thanks a lot!

The columnID can be put in the program by a number.
So my code for the first column is like:
Textbox1.Text=DataGrid1.Item(DataGrid1.CurrentRowIndex,0)

Best regards
Klaus

Quote:
> datagrid.CurrentRowIndex

> for the rowID.....

> for the column really i don't know

> Bye Fausto

> > Hi Fausto,
> > and how do I get the rowID and columnID
> > best regards
> > Klaus Eckert
> > ---------------------------------

> > > yuo have to use:

> > > datagrid.item(rowID, columnID)

> > > and yuo have the value of the cell

> > > bye Fausto

> > new

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:25:14 GMT
 catch the value of a datagrid row
Hi Fausto,

I found an alternative for DataGrid.CurrentRowIndex:
   DataGrid.CurrentCell.RowNumber
and for the columnID:
   DataGrid.CurrentCell.ColumnNumber
Best Regards Klaus
-----------------------------------

Quote:
> datagrid.CurrentRowIndex

> for the rowID.....

> for the column really i don't know

> Bye Fausto

> > Hi Fausto,
> > and how do I get the rowID and columnID
> > best regards
> > Klaus Eckert
> > ---------------------------------

> > > yuo have to use:

> > > datagrid.item(rowID, columnID)

> > > and yuo have the value of the cell

> > > bye Fausto

> > new

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 01:18:46 GMT

1. datagrid - catching whether editing or adding a new row

2. question on changing row color by specified cell value in winform datagrid

3. Column Value of a Clicked/Selected Row in a DataGrid

4. Value of a particular column of selected row in DataGrid

5. How do I retreive the values in a datagrid row

6. How do I retrieve the values in a Datagrid row

7. Add row to datatable from datagrid without leaving current row with cursor

8. How do I set the Datagrid row to be same size as the datagrid window

9. Catch editing event inside a datagrid?

10. Catching DEL and ARROWS keys in Datagrid

11. Catching a duplicate value that isn't a PK.

12. API return value - Important to catch it?