Inheriting from ToolBar
Author Message
 Inheriting from ToolBar

Etienne,
  We tried persisting properties on the buttons in your attached class
(including the Fermer visibility scenario you list below), and we had no
problems making the changes save.  Can you help clarify the problem -- are
you having problems saving the form correctly, or the class, etc.?  Are you
seeing any error messages when you try to save and, if so, what are they?
We'd very much like to follow up on this with you & make sure that you get a
resolution to this.

Thanks
  Matt, Sam, and Dan
  VB Team

(c) copyright Microsoft Corporation 2002

Quote:
> I have created a class (attached) that inherits from the ToolBar object.
It
> has an ImageList and a set of buttons. I can place that toolbar on a form
> and I will see all the buttons. However, if I change something about a
> button (ex: tlbFermer.Visible = False), it will not save. How can I make
> those changes save (with the designer, of course)?

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 03:28:14 GMT
 Inheriting from ToolBar
I just re-tried. I place a CustomToolBar object on the form (in the form
designer). Any property change I make for a button doesn't generate any code
in the "generated code" section, so when I reopen the form, it appears
exactly as it was initially. I guess I'll have to use a TypeConverter to
generate the code correctly, but I'm not too familiar with TypeConverter.

Quote:
> Etienne,
>   We tried persisting properties on the buttons in your attached class
> (including the Fermer visibility scenario you list below), and we had no
> problems making the changes save.  Can you help clarify the problem -- are
> you having problems saving the form correctly, or the class, etc.?  Are
you
> seeing any error messages when you try to save and, if so, what are they?
> We'd very much like to follow up on this with you & make sure that you get
> resolution to this.

> Thanks
>   Matt, Sam, and Dan
>   VB Team

> --
rights.
> (c) copyright Microsoft Corporation 2002

> > I have created a class (attached) that inherits from the ToolBar object.
> It
> > has an ImageList and a set of buttons. I can place that toolbar on a
form
> > and I will see all the buttons. However, if I change something about a
> > button (ex: tlbFermer.Visible = False), it will not save. How can I make
> > those changes save (with the designer, of course)?

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 11:02:56 GMT

1. Trouble Inheriting a Toolbar

2. Form Toolbar vs Control Toolbar

3. BUG: Toolbar-Buttons wrong pictures - toolbar.zip (1/1)

4. BUG: Toolbar-Buttons wrong pictures - toolbar.zip (0/1)

5. For each toolbar in form1.toolbars

6. Changing Toolbar Button Properties Outside of the Toolbar

7. Small toolbar look - toolbar control doesn't work properly

8. VB4 Toolbar Control--Creating Toolbars

9. VB 4.0 (32) and Toolbars disappearing when another form with a toolbar is shown

10. BUG: Toolbar-Buttons 32*32 wrong pricture - toolbar.zip (0/1)

11. BUG: Toolbar-Buttons 32*32 wrong pricture - toolbar.zip (1/1)

12. Q: VB32 Toolbars - Can't get Combo Box to appear on toolbar