Updating an Access Database via a WebForm with VB.NET
Author Message
 Updating an Access Database via a WebForm with VB.NET

You have a LOT of experience with VB.NET using an Access
dabase, i need HELP.  I'm using the DataAdaptor,
DataConnection, and DataSet objects on a form which
properly fills the data in the form (using the Fill
command in code). There's only one record fetched. Once
the data is then updated on the webform and a button on
the form is clicked to update the data. I've tried about
1000 different ways to get this data updated and it just
NEVER seems to want to change. There are no errors, no
problems, it just always reverts back to what ever was
there first.  I'm certain that the problem is quite
complicated and it probably has something to do with the
connection between the DataAdaptor and the DataSet or
something like that.  I'd like to provide the code for
review to someone who's willing to e-mail me at

Thanks

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:19:22 GMT
 Updating an Access Database via a WebForm with VB.NET
have you set the cursorlocation to 3 and the mode to 3 on the connection
object?

Quote:
> You have a LOT of experience with VB.NET using an Access
> dabase, i need HELP.  I'm using the DataAdaptor,
> DataConnection, and DataSet objects on a form which
> properly fills the data in the form (using the Fill
> command in code). There's only one record fetched. Once
> the data is then updated on the webform and a button on
> the form is clicked to update the data. I've tried about
> 1000 different ways to get this data updated and it just
> NEVER seems to want to change. There are no errors, no
> problems, it just always reverts back to what ever was
> there first.  I'm certain that the problem is quite
> complicated and it probably has something to do with the
> connection between the DataAdaptor and the DataSet or
> something like that.  I'd like to provide the code for
> review to someone who's willing to e-mail me at

> Thanks

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:44:13 GMT
 Updating an Access Database via a WebForm with VB.NET
There is no connectionlocation or mode properties for a oledbconnection
object.

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:14:13 GMT
 Updating an Access Database via a WebForm with VB.NET
You're absolutely right!

What was I thinking?

Quote:
> There is no connectionlocation or mode properties for a oledbconnection
> object.

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:13:52 GMT

1. VB.NET with Access DB on WebForm not Updating

2. webforms, asp.net, vb.net, and Apache?

3. Updating data in an Access Database via OleDbConnection

4. Updating Access database via modem

5. Update Access Database via VBScript

6. VB.NET updating three tables at once via a datagrid

7. INSERT into access database using vb.net/ado.net..problem

8. Updating a SQL Server Database via VB 3.0

9. Connecting a VB.Net to a database via ODBC

10. Updating Access Records via VB

11. Accept only uppercase alphabets in vb.net textboxes in webform

12. Event Handling in VB.Net WebForms