Has anyone ever notice this? 
Author Message
 Has anyone ever notice this?

Hi,

I'm wondering whether anyone ever notice that every time a Microsoft's
product (Microsoft Office XP, Visual Studio .NET, Visual Studio 6.0) doing
some work, the Windows Start bar will stop responding until the product
finishes its work. It seems like they uses the same thread.

For example,
1) Loading a solution in Visual Studio .NET will cause the Windows Start bar
to stop responding until the loading is completed.
2) Connecting to Hotmail server via Outlook 2002 will cause Windows Start
bar to stop responding until the connection is completed.
3) Compiling the VB6 application will cause Windows Start bar to stop
responding until the compiling process is completed.

My OS is Windows XP. So I'm wondering, am I the only one who get this
problem or it is by design?

Thanks.



Tue, 01 Feb 2005 06:28:42 GMT  
 Has anyone ever notice this?
Hi,

I am using Windows XP Professional, but I am not facing any such problems.

Regards, Rahul.


Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm wondering whether anyone ever notice that every time a Microsoft's
> product (Microsoft Office XP, Visual Studio .NET, Visual Studio 6.0) doing
> some work, the Windows Start bar will stop responding until the product
> finishes its work. It seems like they uses the same thread.

> For example,
> 1) Loading a solution in Visual Studio .NET will cause the Windows Start
bar
> to stop responding until the loading is completed.
> 2) Connecting to Hotmail server via Outlook 2002 will cause Windows Start
> bar to stop responding until the connection is completed.
> 3) Compiling the VB6 application will cause Windows Start bar to stop
> responding until the compiling process is completed.

> My OS is Windows XP. So I'm wondering, am I the only one who get this
> problem or it is by design?

> Thanks.



Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:27:09 GMT  
 Has anyone ever notice this?
I've noticed this same behavior under NT4, 2K, 98, ME and XP.  Seems like
it's by design.


Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm wondering whether anyone ever notice that every time a Microsoft's
> product (Microsoft Office XP, Visual Studio .NET, Visual Studio 6.0) doing
> some work, the Windows Start bar will stop responding until the product
> finishes its work. It seems like they uses the same thread.

> For example,
> 1) Loading a solution in Visual Studio .NET will cause the Windows Start
bar
> to stop responding until the loading is completed.
> 2) Connecting to Hotmail server via Outlook 2002 will cause Windows Start
> bar to stop responding until the connection is completed.
> 3) Compiling the VB6 application will cause Windows Start bar to stop
> responding until the compiling process is completed.

> My OS is Windows XP. So I'm wondering, am I the only one who get this
> problem or it is by design?

> Thanks.



Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:46:29 GMT  
 Has anyone ever notice this?
It's quite annoying sometimes... I wonder if Microsoft knows about it. Of
course the Alt+Tab key works when it happens but unable to access the Task
Bar really make me fed up sometimes.



Quote:
> I've noticed this same behavior under NT4, 2K, 98, ME and XP.  Seems like
> it's by design.



> > Hi,

> > I'm wondering whether anyone ever notice that every time a Microsoft's
> > product (Microsoft Office XP, Visual Studio .NET, Visual Studio 6.0)
doing
> > some work, the Windows Start bar will stop responding until the product
> > finishes its work. It seems like they uses the same thread.

> > For example,
> > 1) Loading a solution in Visual Studio .NET will cause the Windows Start
> bar
> > to stop responding until the loading is completed.
> > 2) Connecting to Hotmail server via Outlook 2002 will cause Windows
Start
> > bar to stop responding until the connection is completed.
> > 3) Compiling the VB6 application will cause Windows Start bar to stop
> > responding until the compiling process is completed.

> > My OS is Windows XP. So I'm wondering, am I the only one who get this
> > problem or it is by design?

> > Thanks.



Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:09:09 GMT  
 Has anyone ever notice this?
Ive noticed that if I start my internet connection (thru my slow dialup
modem), and then start  Visual Studio .net it causes my computer to {*filter*}
and reboot, wham.

I do not know why it takes so incredibly long to start/exit .net so I start
it then go do other things,  its just about the same time to make toast.
same for stopping, click exit, then get up and do something else for a
while.

this way it doesnt bother me to sit while the system is frozen.



Quote:
> I've noticed this same behavior under NT4, 2K, 98, ME and XP.  Seems like
> it's by design.



> > Hi,

> > I'm wondering whether anyone ever notice that every time a Microsoft's
> > product (Microsoft Office XP, Visual Studio .NET, Visual Studio 6.0)
doing
> > some work, the Windows Start bar will stop responding until the product
> > finishes its work. It seems like they uses the same thread.

> > For example,
> > 1) Loading a solution in Visual Studio .NET will cause the Windows Start
> bar
> > to stop responding until the loading is completed.
> > 2) Connecting to Hotmail server via Outlook 2002 will cause Windows
Start
> > bar to stop responding until the connection is completed.
> > 3) Compiling the VB6 application will cause Windows Start bar to stop
> > responding until the compiling process is completed.

> > My OS is Windows XP. So I'm wondering, am I the only one who get this
> > problem or it is by design?

> > Thanks.



Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:34:30 GMT  
 Has anyone ever notice this?
In my case. I'll have to start Visual Studio .Net, then load anything I want
to start. While all the apps are loading, I load my VB .NET Solution. This
is because after I load my VB .NET Solution, the TaskBar is not accessible
until the VB .NET Solution finished loading.


Quote:
> Ive noticed that if I start my internet connection (thru my slow dialup
> modem), and then start  Visual Studio .net it causes my computer to {*filter*}
> and reboot, wham.

> I do not know why it takes so incredibly long to start/exit .net so I
start
> it then go do other things,  its just about the same time to make toast.
> same for stopping, click exit, then get up and do something else for a
> while.

> this way it doesnt bother me to sit while the system is frozen.



> > I've noticed this same behavior under NT4, 2K, 98, ME and XP.  Seems
like
> > it's by design.



> > > Hi,

> > > I'm wondering whether anyone ever notice that every time a Microsoft's
> > > product (Microsoft Office XP, Visual Studio .NET, Visual Studio 6.0)
> doing
> > > some work, the Windows Start bar will stop responding until the
product
> > > finishes its work. It seems like they uses the same thread.

> > > For example,
> > > 1) Loading a solution in Visual Studio .NET will cause the Windows
Start
> > bar
> > > to stop responding until the loading is completed.
> > > 2) Connecting to Hotmail server via Outlook 2002 will cause Windows
> Start
> > > bar to stop responding until the connection is completed.
> > > 3) Compiling the VB6 application will cause Windows Start bar to stop
> > > responding until the compiling process is completed.

> > > My OS is Windows XP. So I'm wondering, am I the only one who get this
> > > problem or it is by design?

> > > Thanks.



Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:59:15 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Have you ever noticed ...

2. VB.NET comes as close to having pointers as VB ever has

3. Has anyone noticed ...

4. Has anyone noticed this?

5. Anyone noticed an access 97 Autonumber bug?

6. Anyone notice any missing help/documentation in VB5 ?

7. Has anyone noticed...

8. Has anyone noticed...

9. Has anyone noticed CRW 6 slowdown??????

10. Anyone noticed a performance drop moving to .NET?

11. Anyone noticed discrepancy in VB6 SP6 version numbers?

12. Anyone ever heard of

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software