Interprocess messages from VB to VB.NET
Author Message
 Interprocess messages from VB to VB.NET

I have a VB.NET (well actually C#) application that Im developing.
The companys existing app is in VB and we want to start up my application
by sending a single parameter over to it. Using a command line parameter
is out of the question because the C# app needs to stay open all the time
and only have one instance running at a time.

What API should I be looking at?

-Simon

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:25:07 GMT
 Interprocess messages from VB to VB.NET
Simon,

Quote:
>What API should I be looking at?

This page outlines the different IPC mechanisms in Windows

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ipc/ipc_57qr.asp

They should all be usable from .NET one way or another. Easiest to
implement are probably sockets, named pipes (via .NET Remoting) or
window messages (WM_COPYDATA).

Mattias

===
Mattias Sj?gren (VB MVP)

http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:08:14 GMT

1. Interprocess Communication (Messaging)

2. Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003

3. Convert VB.Net to C#, convert C# to VB.Net

4. VB.NEt Beginner: Creating a COM+ Object in VB.net

5. vb.net 2002 or vb.net 2003 beta

6. Accessing vb.net class from non.vb.net apps

7. VB.NET DLL's With A VB.NET App

8. VB .NET : Program to Save Outlook Express messages

9. sending SMS message via VB.Net application

10. SMS Messaging in VB.NET?

11. vb .net an sql server constraint messages

12. Message VB.NET