COM+ and .net
Author Message
 COM+ and .net

Is it a good idea to write .net dlls(business rules) and call them from the
asp.net page or should i just use the code behind? Should I move the .net
dlls to a package in COM+ or just leave them in the bin directory?

Thanks

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 05:05:26 GMT
 COM+ and .net
Hi John,

It depends on whether you need the service provided by COM+, e.g.
Just-in-time (JIT) activation, object pooling, transaction processing,
role-based security, etc. .NET provides Serviced component:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconwritingserv...
ponents.asp

Regards,

Bill Cheng
Microsoft Support Engineer
--------------------

| Subject: COM+ and .net
| Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:05:26 -0500

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
|
| Is it a good idea to write .net dlls(business rules) and call them from
the
| asp.net page or should i just use the code behind? Should I move the .net
| dlls to a package in COM+ or just leave them in the bin directory?
|
| Thanks

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:02:16 GMT

1. ANN: Freeware Logging Tool for COM and .NET

2. Still need COM+ with .net

3. COM+ VB.Net

4. Releasing SpeechLib COM via .NET DLL

5. How to use COM in .NET manually

6. is there COM in .NET

7. Trouble using COM+ with .Net

8. COM und .NET

9. Java Bean through COM in .NET?

10. QDotNet.com - new .NET resource launched

11. any guidance on this wrapper component (either com or net)

12. migration from COM to .NET