Type is not defined: 'TextBox'
Author Message
 Type is not defined: 'TextBox'

Hi

I am trying to inherit a text box to add a bordercolor property. I am using
a class library to create the mytextbox class. Problem is when I try to
build the class library to generate the dll, I get the error message Type is
not defined: 'TextBox'.

I have put the reference to System.Windows.Form but am still getting the
error. How can I successfully build this class?

Thanks

Regards

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 04:34:19 GMT
 Type is not defined: 'TextBox'
Do you have Imports System.Windows.Forms at the top of the file?

--
Jacob Grass
Microsoft .NET MVP

Quote:
> Hi

> I am trying to inherit a text box to add a bordercolor property. I am
using
> a class library to create the mytextbox class. Problem is when I try to
> build the class library to generate the dll, I get the error message Type
is
> not defined: 'TextBox'.

> I have put the reference to System.Windows.Form but am still getting the
> error. How can I successfully build this class?

> Thanks

> Regards

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:25:46 GMT
 Type is not defined: 'TextBox'
No...and I have just kicked myself for that. Thanks. That takes care of
that.

Regards

Quote:
> Do you have Imports System.Windows.Forms at the top of the file?

> --
> Jacob Grass
> Microsoft .NET MVP

> > Hi

> > I am trying to inherit a text box to add a bordercolor property. I am
> using
> > a class library to create the mytextbox class. Problem is when I try to
> > build the class library to generate the dll, I get the error message
Type
> is
> > not defined: 'TextBox'.

> > I have put the reference to System.Windows.Form but am still getting the
> > error. How can I successfully build this class?

> > Thanks

> > Regards

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:05:33 GMT

1. Type 'Toolbox Data' is not defined

2. Type 'IADsUser' is not defined

3. Operator '=' is not defined error

4. dbFailOnError causes 'Data not Defined'.

5. 'Sub or function not defined'

6. run-time error '713': Application-defined or object-defined error

7. 'User-Defined Type Not Defined' error loading a group

8. object is not valid for type textbox and type textbox

9. ' Type 'ElapsedEventArgs' is not defined.

10. Refer to a member of User Defined Type by using a Variable's Value

11. Passing structures/user defined types to DLL's

12. passing arrays of user defined types to dll's