Printing directly to a printer from VB.
Author Message
 Printing directly to a printer from VB.

Hi all,

I would appreciate if anyone could help me with this.

I need to know how I can print TIF images to a particular printer directly
without any user interaction from a VB program.

My printers understand PCL5e/PCL6, and postscript and I understand that I
should be sending data in these languages only. But, I am not able to find
any tools that can be used to convert without any user interaction.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could tell me the exact Win32 API or
any other API that I could use from a VB application to print directly.

Thank you in advance,

Cyrus

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:35:55 GMT
 Printing directly to a printer from VB.
Hi Cyrus,

I am not sure what you are looking for, however, the following KB article
might be useful if you want to send rawdata directly to Printer:

Q322090 - HOW TO: Send Raw Data to a Printer by Using Visual Basic .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q322/0/90.asp

Hope this helps!
Bharat Patel
Microsoft, Visual Basic .NET

Please reply to newsgroups only. Thanks.

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:16:25 GMT

1. Printing directly to a printer from VB

2. Printing directly to printer w/o using Print Manager

3. Print directly to the printer

4. print directly to win2k printer share?

5. Printing Directly to Printer

6. Printing directly to a printer

7. How to print directly to printer?

8. Printing Directly to LPT1 avoiding the printer object.

9. How to print directly to the printer?

10. Printing directly to LPT1: - bypassing the printer driver

11. print a form directly to the printer

12. HOW DO A PRINT A TEXT FILE DIRECTLY TO THE PRINTER W/O AN EDITOR