What happened???
Author Message
 What happened???

Code-behind is not compiled by IIS but rather by the development environment. You need to do a full build in Visual Studio .NET before attempting to view the front pages (which the server will compile for you).

I believe the next version of IIS will support building code-behind automatically.

Jonathan Gilbert

  Hello all,
      Yesterday, I was working on a variety of VB.NET projects (ASP.NET using VB.NET) within my Visual Studio.NET environment.  They were all working fine at work.

      When I got home, I felt like doing some additional work, so I started up one of the projects and received an error similar to the one below, which I now get for ANY of my ASP.NET using VB.NET projects.  The error has to do with the Global.asax file, but I'm not clear on what the "fix" is.  Can someone assist me please?!?

  (image)

      Thanks!

  Cordially,
  --
  P M
  ***Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY***

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 03:18:24 GMT
 What happened???

Jonathan,
    Thanks for the response.  However, VB.NET within Visual Studio.NET does this for me...

    The Web projects did work prior to opening them, once I got home.  I'm a bit befuddled at this point, as I had not changed anything and was merely "running" the VB.NET Web Application to review where I was, prior to continuing on...

    Anyone else have an idea??

Regards,
--
[...]

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 06:58:23 GMT

1. What has happened with Dim dbs As Database?

2. I cant believe it is happening - Windows 2000 and Access 2000 crashes

3. What happens when you attempt close Access97

4. How do i make it happen?

5. Help: Can someone Please Explain why the following happens

6. What happened to FORMAT ?

7. What happens if attached table layout changes?

8. What Will happen?

9. Module Crazy Thing Happening

10. Acc97: Subform refresh not happening in code

11. Switchboard Manager-What Happened?

12. What happens after NoData event in report?