Good Book for .Net
Author Message
 Good Book for .Net

Hey,
    Can anyone recommend a good book for learning .Net, particularly VB.Net?

Dan

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 03:33:41 GMT
 Good Book for .Net

I should also point out that our implementation of VB.Net would be in creating libraries involving database manipulation for use in web forms w/ ASP.Net.

Thanks,
Dan

  Hey,
      Can anyone recommend a good book for learning .Net, particularly VB.Net?

  Dan

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 03:38:10 GMT
 Good Book for .Net
Two books I liked on VB.Net were
"Mastering VB.Net" by Evangelos Petroutsos ISBN 0-7821-2877-7
"Programming VB.Net" by Gary Cornell ISBN 1-893115-99-2
both have sections on Web forms
Also, a good reference just for the web side of VB.NET is
"Developing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic.Net.." ISBN
0-7356-1584-5, although this book as a bit on the simple side for me.

---Selden McCabe

I should also point out that our implementation of VB.Net would be in
creating libraries involving database manipulation for use in web forms w/
ASP.Net.

Thanks,
Dan

Hey,
    Can anyone recommend a good book for learning .Net, particularly VB.Net?

Dan

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 04:02:35 GMT
 Good Book for .Net
I just went thru the Beginning Visual Basic .NET database book from WROX and
it was very good. First I typed all the code for building the Product
Management System starting in Chapter. Then I reused what I could for a
current project of mine and I got a really good grasp on Datasets. Now I
wish I could go back and revise alot of my old VB6 projects.

Prior to the WROX book I ran thru the MS Press Visual Basic .Net Step by
Step.

Now if anybody has an idea on what book I should look into next, I'd
appreciate the advice. Wrox has a VB.net for SQL 2000 book but I am also
interested in creating a service to run in the background to handle some
daily processes. Any ideas?

I should also point out that our implementation of VB.Net would be in
creating libraries involving database manipulation for use in web forms w/
ASP.Net.

Thanks,
Dan

Hey,
    Can anyone recommend a good book for learning .Net, particularly VB.Net?

Dan

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 04:32:06 GMT
 Good Book for .Net

If you want several references and get books on ASP.Net and many other technologies, I would highly recommend www.books24X7.com.  For like $200 or so a year you get unlimited access to tons of tech books including around 10 or so just on VB.Net.  Obviously it costs more than a single book, but in the long run it pays for itself many times over.  I use it ALL the time.  I think there are other services like this one, but its the one I use.  On a downside, they don't get books from every publisher.  WROX is one I'm pretty sure they don't have.

- Joe

  Hey,
      Can anyone recommend a good book for learning .Net, particularly VB.Net?

  Dan

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 05:04:54 GMT
 Good Book for .Net
Hi Phillip

What sort of daily processes you would do with the service. Before creating
any service you might want to look at windows schedular and SQLServer agent.

HTH
Gopi

Quote:
> I just went thru the Beginning Visual Basic .NET database book from WROX
and
> it was very good. First I typed all the code for building the Product
> Management System starting in Chapter. Then I reused what I could for a
> current project of mine and I got a really good grasp on Datasets. Now I
> wish I could go back and revise alot of my old VB6 projects.

> Prior to the WROX book I ran thru the MS Press Visual Basic .Net Step by
> Step.

> Now if anybody has an idea on what book I should look into next, I'd
> appreciate the advice. Wrox has a VB.net for SQL 2000 book but I am also
> interested in creating a service to run in the background to handle some
> daily processes. Any ideas?

> I should also point out that our implementation of VB.Net would be in
> creating libraries involving database manipulation for use in web forms w/
> ASP.Net.

> Thanks,
> Dan

> Hey,
>     Can anyone recommend a good book for learning .Net, particularly
VB.Net?

> Dan

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 22:23:19 GMT

1. Good book for .Net?

2. Find good book about using CR.NET with VS.NET and .NET Framework

3. Best Book on VB dot net Programming (the code side, not the GUI)

4. Best vb.net teaching book wanted

5. A Good Book on the .NET Controls

6. Please suggest good book on VB.NET

7. Any advice for a good VB .net book?

8. What's the Best Vb.NET Book ??

9. Good book for vb.net

10. Any good VB.NET book recommend?

11. Newbie - A good book for VB.NET

12. Can anyone recommend a good book for learining VB.NET