Programatically ALTER TABLE Over Access?
Author Message
 Programatically ALTER TABLE Over Access?

What im trying to do is that my program automatically add a new field to a database if it dont exist.
My problem is that the DB is Access and i wasnt able to make the correct ALTER TABLE statment to work with it, since the data type
is BIT (boolean) and i dont know how to define it to Show as Yes/No with checkboxes, the only thing i can do with TSQL is add the
field but in BIT mode and it displays as -1/0

Besides that, there is any way with ADO.net or something to programatically add a field to a table?

Thanks for the help

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:21:20 GMT
 Programatically ALTER TABLE Over Access?
Try microsoft data access objects(DAO) - COM.

Quote:
> What im trying to do is that my program automatically add a new field to a

database if it dont exist.
Quote:
> My problem is that the DB is Access and i wasnt able to make the correct

ALTER TABLE statment to work with it, since the data type
Quote:
> is BIT (boolean) and i dont know how to define it to Show as Yes/No with

checkboxes, the only thing i can do with TSQL is add the
Quote:
> field but in BIT mode and it displays as -1/0

> Besides that, there is any way with ADO.net or something to

programatically add a field to a table?
Quote:

> Thanks for the help

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:05:02 GMT
 Programatically ALTER TABLE Over Access?

Quote:
> What im trying to do is that my program automatically add a new field to a

database if it dont exist.
Quote:
> My problem is that the DB is Access and i wasnt able to make the correct

ALTER TABLE statment to work with it, since the data type
Quote:
> is BIT (boolean) and i dont know how to define it to Show as Yes/No with

checkboxes, the only thing i can do with TSQL is add the
Quote:
> field but in BIT mode and it displays as -1/0

> Besides that, there is any way with ADO.net or something to

programatically add a field to a table?

Quote:

> Thanks for the help

This question is off-topic, please re-post it in the proper group:
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:30:50 GMT
 Programatically ALTER TABLE Over Access?
can u explain me how? or a lil more help ?

Quote:
> Try microsoft data access objects(DAO) - COM.

> > What im trying to do is that my program automatically add a new field to a
> database if it dont exist.
> > My problem is that the DB is Access and i wasnt able to make the correct
> ALTER TABLE statment to work with it, since the data type
> > is BIT (boolean) and i dont know how to define it to Show as Yes/No with
> checkboxes, the only thing i can do with TSQL is add the
> > field but in BIT mode and it displays as -1/0

> > Besides that, there is any way with ADO.net or something to
> programatically add a field to a table?

> > Thanks for the help

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 01:02:10 GMT

1. Altering several tables in access

2. Alter Table with Default statement through ADO and VB6 for Access 2000

3. Alter Table in Access 2000 under XP

4. Alter a Table structure in Access with VB5

5. VB6 design table no longer asks if I want to save alter table script after changes

6. VB6 design table no longer asks if I want to save alter table script after changes

7. Programatically re-linking Oracle tables in Access

8. Access V7.0 programatically creating a table

9. Refreshing an Excel pivot table, programatically, from Access

10. Programatically change Table links in Access 97 database

11. Linking Access Tables Programatically

12. Linking Access Tables Programatically