EMail from within VB.Net applications
Author Message
 EMail from within VB.Net applications

I have read the posts on this subject and they seem to limit end platforms
that the program can use.

Is there any way to open the USER'S prefered e-mail program (or at least
outlook express) and provide some of the parameters and let her fill in the
rest. Typically one would like to have the programmatic equivalent of the

The gotcha is that i want to do this in the dll-hell free environment that
VB.Net is supposed to provide.

Regards,
Al

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:02:03 GMT
 EMail from within VB.Net applications

Quote:
> Is there any way to open the USER'S prefered e-mail program (or at least
> outlook express) and provide some of the parameters and let her fill in
the
> rest. Typically one would like to have the programmatic equivalent of the

> The gotcha is that i want to do this in the dll-hell free environment that
> VB.Net is supposed to provide.

> Regards,
> Al

James

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:14:08 GMT
 EMail from within VB.Net applications
What about trying this:

-Brian

This post is governed by the Conditions of Use and is provided "AS IS" with
no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ?
2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
<http://www.microsoft.com/info/terms.htm>

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is our online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

--------------------

| Subject: EMail from within VB.Net applications
| Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:02:03 -0400

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
|
| I have read the posts on this subject and they seem to limit end platforms
| that the program can use.
|
| Is there any way to open the USER'S prefered e-mail program (or at least
| outlook express) and provide some of the parameters and let her fill in
the
| rest. Typically one would like to have the programmatic equivalent of the

| The gotcha is that i want to do this in the dll-hell free environment that
| VB.Net is supposed to provide.
|
| Regards,
| Al

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 00:11:54 GMT

1. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

2. How to launch Internet Explorer from within VB.NET Windows Forms application

3. Opening Internet Explorer from within a Win32 application using VB .NET

4. running a word application within vb.net app

5. how to send email from VB.NET application?

6. Running a VB Application within another VB Application

7. Can I access current email message from within email message

8. Deploying vb.net windows form application on a pc without the .net framework

9. Can I use VB.net to develop an asp.net web application

10. VB.NET application and CR.NET - Change grouping method at runtime

11. Develop WinCE.NET application with VB.NET

12. controlling a console application from a VB.NET application