How to DOCK windows in an MDI application?
Author Message
 How to DOCK windows in an MDI application?

Hi,

I would like to know how to drag and drop child windows in an MDI
application so that they dock within each other. For example, in Visual
Studio.NET, the Properties window and Solution Explorer window can be
dragged and dropped into each other to create one window. The window being
"dragged and dropped" can be added as a tab or docked at the top of the
dockee.

Any help, code, or links on how to do this would be greatly appreciated
(preferrably using vb.net). Thanks in advance.

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:10:24 GMT
 How to DOCK windows in an MDI application?
You will need to purchase some 3th party components - look at
www.devexpress.com.

Thorben

Quote:
> Hi,

> I would like to know how to drag and drop child windows in an MDI
> application so that they dock within each other. For example, in Visual
> Studio.NET, the Properties window and Solution Explorer window can be
> dragged and dropped into each other to create one window. The window being
> "dragged and dropped" can be added as a tab or docked at the top of the
> dockee.

> Any help, code, or links on how to do this would be greatly appreciated
> (preferrably using vb.net). Thanks in advance.

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:44:45 GMT
 How to DOCK windows in an MDI application?
If you don't want to buy any components, try www.dotnetmagic.com

Ravi

Otherwise there are a million tools available

Quote:
> Hi,

> I would like to know how to drag and drop child windows in an MDI
> application so that they dock within each other. For example, in Visual
> Studio.NET, the Properties window and Solution Explorer window can be
> dragged and dropped into each other to create one window. The window being
> "dragged and dropped" can be added as a tab or docked at the top of the
> dockee.

> Any help, code, or links on how to do this would be greatly appreciated
> (preferrably using vb.net). Thanks in advance.

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:55:01 GMT
 How to DOCK windows in an MDI application?
Hi,

Syncfusion offers VS.NET style docking windows. Our solution offers 100%
fidelity with VS.NET style docking. Source code version is also available.

You can download a free evaluation from:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/evals.asp

Our Essential Suite product includes several other Windows Forms framework
libraries (layout, menus, toolbars, grid, edit) and controls.

Regards,
Daniel
Syncfusion Inc
http://www.syncfusion.com
.NET Essentials

Quote:
> Hi,

> I would like to know how to drag and drop child windows in an MDI
> application so that they dock within each other. For example, in Visual
> Studio.NET, the Properties window and Solution Explorer window can be
> dragged and dropped into each other to create one window. The window being
> "dragged and dropped" can be added as a tab or docked at the top of the
> dockee.

> Any help, code, or links on how to do this would be greatly appreciated
> (preferrably using vb.net). Thanks in advance.

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:19:37 GMT

1. Docking windows - MDI Form.

2. How to dock MDI child windows

3. Docking MDI Cleient Windows

4. Using a MDI OLE application in my MDI application

5. how to call a modal windows form from MDI application

6. MDI application - Child window - text box - lostfocus validation problems

7. Need Dockable Window Control for MDI Application

8. MDI type application without regular window frames?

9. hWnd for MDI Child window in other application

10. Need Dockable Window Control for MDI Application

11. CR Print Window in MDI Applications: Help !

12. Need Dockable Window Control for MDI Application