Custom user controls Not being added to ToolBox
Author Message
 Custom user controls Not being added to ToolBox

I have created a visual control class(VCC) project that
contains one button usercontrol.  I can see it in the
Toolbox and I am able to use it.  If I create a new
windows app project (in a new solution) and then reference
and/or add the VCC project in that solution, I don't see
the control in the toolbox.  If I add another usercontrol
in the VCC from the new solution, it appears in the
toolbox.  How do I get already existing usercontrols in
the VCC project to show up in other projects that
reference it or have it included in the solution?

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 03:41:27 GMT
 Custom user controls Not being added to ToolBox
You have to 'Customize the toolbox'. Right click on one of the tabs, and a
context menu will appear..

Quote:
> I have created a visual control class(VCC) project that
> contains one button usercontrol.  I can see it in the
> Toolbox and I am able to use it.  If I create a new
> windows app project (in a new solution) and then reference
> and/or add the VCC project in that solution, I don't see
> the control in the toolbox.  If I add another usercontrol
> in the VCC from the new solution, it appears in the
> toolbox.  How do I get already existing usercontrols in
> the VCC project to show up in other projects that
> reference it or have it included in the solution?

---

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:08:57 GMT
 Custom user controls Not being added to ToolBox
I've tried that but I don't know what I have to change to
make the visual control show up.

Any suggestions?

Quote:

03/08/2002

>.

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:57:28 GMT
 Custom user controls Not being added to ToolBox
I may have not explained this clearly before...

I have 2 solutions that each contain 2 projects.
Solution 1 contains projects A and B.
Solution 2 contains projects A and C.

Project A is a Windows Control Library that is shared
between both solutions.
If I'm in solution 1 and add a control (X) to project A It
is added to the toolbox and I can access it for project B.

If I go in solution 2 and add a control (Y) to project A
It is added to the toolbox and I can access it for project
C.

If I'm in solution 1, control Y is not in the toolbox but
control X is even though it shows up in the project A and
has been compiled.

If I'm in solution 2, control X is not in the toolbox but
control Y is even though it shows up in the project A and
has been compiled.

I'm trying to figure out if it's a version issue but I'm
not getting anywhere right now.

I'm also new to VB so this could be something very simple.

If anyone can lend me a hand that would be great.

Thanks.

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 03:00:50 GMT

1. Adding a Custom Control to the VS.NET Toolbox

2. Adding Custom Controls to Toolbox

3. Custom Inherited User Control Doesn't Show Up in Toolbox

4. Creating Custom Controls in VBNet (not User Control, AFAIK)

5. Create a Custom Control (not a User Control, AFAIK)

6. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

7. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

8. Installing custom controls in ToolBox

9. Toolbox Icon for a new custom control

10. Custom Controls in Toolbox

11. Adding Additional Controls to the Toolbox

12. user controls missing from toolbox