Threadstate = 96 , what is this.
Author Message
 Threadstate = 96 , what is this.

I am working with multiple threads that suspend and resume.

I check the threadstate so I know whether to start() or resume the thread.

However, I when I checked Thread.threadstate it showed up as 96

this is not in the enumerated list.  In the de{*filter*} it usually shows up
like Thread.Threadstate then when you mouse over it shows Running.

But now this one shows 96.

What is threadstate 96

thanks

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 06:27:05 GMT
 Threadstate = 96 , what is this.
<snip>

Quote:
> What is threadstate 96

It looks like a bitwise combination of Suspended and WaitSleepJoin.

--
Jacob Grass
Microsoft .NET MVP

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 06:33:13 GMT
 Threadstate = 96 , what is this.
So if I told the thread to suspend.  Why does it have the WaitSleepJoin
turned on ?

thanks for any advice

Quote:

> <snip>
> > What is threadstate 96

> It looks like a bitwise combination of Suspended and WaitSleepJoin.

> --
> Jacob Grass
> Microsoft .NET MVP

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:06:56 GMT
 Threadstate = 96 , what is this.

Quote:

> So if I told the thread to suspend.  Why does it have the
> WaitSleepJoin turned on ?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question.  Perhaps the thread does
something to itself when suspended.  Hopefully someone more familiar with
these objects can chime in.

--
Jacob Grass
Microsoft .NET MVP

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 02:42:46 GMT

1. importing from Ecxel 96 (no time is imported)

2. Latest ABC-packet (May '96) online!

3. Date of 00/00/96

4. QB/VBDOS/PDS Tool Producers List for Feb'96

5. *** Help me with Problems printing 96 chars per line or 12cpi ****

6. MS TechED 96-Los Angeles

7. Job Post Comparisons, 11/95 & 2/96

8. Final CFP Visual'96