If objMessage Is Nothing Then....
Author Message
 If objMessage Is Nothing Then....

I am receiving an error stating:

 'IS' requires operands that have reference types, but this operand has a
value type.

Any ideas how I can solve this?

Thanks.

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:29:22 GMT
 If objMessage Is Nothing Then....
What data type is objMessage?

Some context would be helpful, too.  (How are you setting the value to
objMessage that you expect might be Nothing?)

--
Toby Herring
Software Architects, Inc.

Quote:
> I am receiving an error stating:

>  'IS' requires operands that have reference types, but this operand has a
> value type.

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:51:32 GMT
 If objMessage Is Nothing Then....

Quote:
> I am receiving an error stating:

>  'IS' requires operands that have reference types, but this
> operand has a
> value type.

What is the type of objMessage?

Quote:
> Any ideas how I can solve this?

Solve what? A value type is never nothing.

Armin

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:47:57 GMT

1. How can I get whether Object variable is nothing (=nothing) or not

2. To set = nothing or not to set = nothing...

3. Looking for nothing or something that looks like nothing

4. HELP: Nothing <> Nothing

5. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

7. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

8. When is 5:00 AM not 5:00 AM? When it's 5:00 AM.

9. A simple question about "Nothing" (The Nothing Keyword)

10. PrintOut does nothing..no error, no nothing. Whats going on?

11. if not .. is nothing then set ... = nothing

12. Detect Nothing