Hourglass mouse cursor
Author Message
 Hourglass mouse cursor

Hopefully this is a simple question. How do you enable
the hourglass mouse cursor in a VB .Net windows forms
application? In VB 6 it was simply done by
Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass.

There are instances where this functionality is required
to indicate a long running process. I just do not seem to
find documentation on how to do it.

thanks

Rudolf

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:12:53 GMT
 Hourglass mouse cursor
Try this...

Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = System.Windows.Forms.Cursors.WaitCursor

and...

Windows.Forms.Cursor.Current = System.Windows.Forms.Cursors.Default

Quote:
> Hopefully this is a simple question. How do you enable
> the hourglass mouse cursor in a VB .Net windows forms
> application? In VB 6 it was simply done by
> Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass.

> There are instances where this functionality is required
> to indicate a long running process. I just do not seem to
> find documentation on how to do it.

> thanks

> Rudolf

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:19:28 GMT
 Hourglass mouse cursor
Thanks, I knew it had to be something simple. The
documentation is not so informative as it needs to be.

Rudolf

Quote:

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:34:42 GMT
 Hourglass mouse cursor
A case of style over content, unfortunately.

Quote:
> Thanks, I knew it had to be something simple. The
> documentation is not so informative as it needs to be.

> Rudolf

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:52:31 GMT

1. Cursor doesn't change to Hourglass

2. Hourglass cursor in standard outlook folder view (inbox) ?

3. Hourglass cursor in standard folder view (Inbox) ?

4. Change the cursor icon to hourglass?

5. Hourglass cursor in standard folder view (inbox) ?

6. How to set Hourglass cursor?

7. Hourglass Cursor

8. How to force VB to make cursor=hourglass during startup

9. change cursor to hourglass?

10. Hourglass Cursor w/VB4

11. Help Needed: Timer and the hourglass cursor

12. How to turn on hourglass cursor