How do you call a command switch in the address bar???? Help please!!
Author Message
 How do you call a command switch in the address bar???? Help please!!

if i type
c:\winnt\notepad.exe mydoc in the sart->run bar, i pass a command line
argument "mydoc" to notepad.exe

if i type this in the address bar of my webbrowser, it wont work.
I am writing a web application that auto-creates hyperlinks that open a
program with command line arugments.  Problem is the comman line arguments
never work in the address bar.

Does anyone know how I can make a url that points to "c:\winnt\notepad.exe
mydoc"   ??

Please help someone, thank  you

One God
One Lifetime
One Hope

 remove "spammfilter" from my email address to reply to me.

.

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 07:58:24 GMT
 How do you call a command switch in the address bar???? Help please!!
a web browser is for viewing web pages not starting software, I am not sure
it can be done the way you want it to work. I am sure there my be some
elaborately complex way doing it such as creating a web page that
automatically executes notepad, using java or xml to prompt for the file
name.

on a personal note I have created a shortcut to notepad.exe in the "send to"
directory under my profile name. so I can right click on any file and send
it to notepad. The "send to" folder is a hidden folder, you have to change
your folder options to show system and hidden files to see it. I find this
works pretty slick.

Quote:
> if i type
> c:\winnt\notepad.exe mydoc in the sart->run bar, i pass a command line
> argument "mydoc" to notepad.exe

> if i type this in the address bar of my webbrowser, it wont work.
> I am writing a web application that auto-creates hyperlinks that open a
> program with command line arugments.  Problem is the comman line arguments
> never work in the address bar.

> Does anyone know how I can make a url that points to "c:\winnt\notepad.exe
> mydoc"   ??

> Please help someone, thank  you

> --

> One God
> One Lifetime
> One Hope

>  remove "spammfilter" from my email address to reply to me.

> .

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 13:53:40 GMT
 How do you call a command switch in the address bar???? Help please!!
If it is notepad or anyother file( which is already associated with a view
and you are sure of it) then type the name of the file in the browser/

the other way will be to register a protocol. say for example to send a
message using the yahoo messenger you can type the following in the address
bar and it will work

ymsgr:sendIM?yahooID

so after u register ur own protocol u can send params
thanks

Quote:
> if i type
> c:\winnt\notepad.exe mydoc in the sart->run bar, i pass a command line
> argument "mydoc" to notepad.exe

> if i type this in the address bar of my webbrowser, it wont work.
> I am writing a web application that auto-creates hyperlinks that open a
> program with command line arugments.  Problem is the comman line arguments
> never work in the address bar.

> Does anyone know how I can make a url that points to "c:\winnt\notepad.exe
> mydoc"   ??

> Please help someone, thank  you

> --

> One God
> One Lifetime
> One Hope

>  remove "spammfilter" from my email address to reply to me.

> .

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:29:20 GMT

2. Command Bar Button HELP please!

3. Progress Bar In Status Bar....Help Please

4. need help with command line switches

5. Help with command line switch

6. Help with command line switch

7. Q: Help on Multiple Command Line Switches??

8. Help on Multiple Command Line Switches??

9. Help with command line switch

10. Q: Help on Multiple Command Line Switches??

11. Help on Multiple Command Line Switches??

12. Q: Help on Multiple Command Line Switches??