How to display status messages
Author Message
 How to display status messages

I have developed an ASP.NET app using VB.NET. In a  web form, when user
updates record, I would like to display update status in the status bar.

I am unable to access message object. I therefore tried the following:

Dim RetValue As String
RetValue = myClass.AddRecord(Parameterspassed)
Response.Write(RetValue)

The RetValue is "Exp.Message"

Can someone advise a better way like to use "Message.InnerHtml" or to
display the message in status bar.

Thanks,
Raj

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:59:22 GMT
 How to display status messages
Hello,

To display something in the browser's status bar, you can use the following
code (remove the last ; for VB.NET):
RegisterStartupScript("status","<script
language=javascript>window.status='"+"this is your status!"+"'</script>");

Best Regards,
Kenny Zhou
Microsoft Support

Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:51:57 GMT

1. Form to display status messages

2. Displaying a status message

3. How to display a status message in vb4

4. Displaying status messages

5. Display message in taskbar status area near a new icon

6. Why does Message Box does not display complete Message

7. Display status bar on a form

8. VBA code to let message appear in status bar

9. How to display text in the status bas?

10. Displaying a running status

11. Change message Read status

12. Posting message to status bar