Retriving icon of know filestypes?
Author Message
 Retriving icon of know filestypes?

Anyone know how i can retrive the system icon registered for X filetype?
Lets say for example retrive the icon of the .zip files, or of the .gif
files or whatever

it is possible?

what im trying to do is make a listview with items that look as files, and
put the icon depending on the extension of the file.

Thanks

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:02:20 GMT
 Retriving icon of know filestypes?
Take a look there : http://www.c2i.fr/code.aspx?IDCode=401

Sorry but it's in french ;-)))

--

[Microsoft MVP Visual Basic-Visual Studio .NET]
Avez-vous pens acheter mon livre 'Formation ASP .NET' (MS Press) ?

http://www.c2i.fr - Le portail francophone
Visual Basic,VB.NET,ASP, ASP.NET

> Anyone know how i can retrive the system icon registered for X filetype?
> Lets say for example retrive the icon of the .zip files, or of the .gif
> files or whatever

> it is possible?

> what im trying to do is make a listview with items that look as files, and
> put the icon depending on the extension of the file.

> Thanks

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:20:03 GMT
 Retriving icon of know filestypes?
You can use interop to get at file icons. Here is a link to some code that
does this.

http://www.syncfusion.com/FAQ/WinForms/FAQ_c70c.asp#q660q

Clay Burch, Syncfusion, Inc.
visit http://www.syncfusion.com for .NET Essentials

Quote:
> Anyone know how i can retrive the system icon registered for X filetype?
> Lets say for example retrive the icon of the .zip files, or of the .gif
> files or whatever

> it is possible?

> what im trying to do is make a listview with items that look as files, and
> put the icon depending on the extension of the file.

> Thanks

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:17:17 GMT

1. Retriving icons from a file?

2. trying to extact path from icon on desktop,anybody know

3. i wanna know how i can put an icon to de executable file

4. Know of large sources of lots of ICONS?

5. anyone know how can I change the system tray icon

6. Does anyone know how to extract an icon from a file

7. Retriving Data from MS project

8. use getObject to retrive excel file

9. Help to retrive the records...

10. Retriving MobileTelephoneNumber From GAB

11. Retriving Calender Options

12. Retriving Values from a Continuous Form