using vb.net to extract data from ms access
Author Message
 using vb.net to extract data from ms access

hello,

I need help with using ms acess files.. sorry its such a
broad question but i need to open the file.. search the
file.. retrieve data and then manipulate data in the
file.. storing is not necessary...

ive been searching all over to look for some examples to
get me started but really havent come up with much yet so
i figured i would ask...

thanks

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:41:04 GMT
 using vb.net to extract data from ms access
Hi
here is the link which contains some examples
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q191754

thanks
chitra colin VB

> hello,

> I need help with using ms acess files.. sorry its such a
> broad question but i need to open the file.. search the
> file.. retrieve data and then manipulate data in the
> file.. storing is not necessary...

> ive been searching all over to look for some examples to
> get me started but really havent come up with much yet so
> i figured i would ask...

> thanks

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 03:20:16 GMT
 using vb.net to extract data from ms access
You can open an access database by using ole db provider in VS7. After
launch VS7, add a database connection through server explorer, in the data
link properties dialog, click on the provider tab, select Microsoft Jet 4.0
Ole db provider, switch to the connection tab and browse to your access MDB
file, type in your user name and password,..etc. After you click on OK,
server explorer will establish the connection and show all the objects in
your mdb. Let us know if you still have any problem.

Dave & Yu-Fang
VB Team

> hello,

> I need help with using ms acess files.. sorry its such a
> broad question but i need to open the file.. search the
> file.. retrieve data and then manipulate data in the
> file.. storing is not necessary...

> ive been searching all over to look for some examples to
> get me started but really havent come up with much yet so
> i figured i would ask...

> thanks

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 03:52:04 GMT

1. MS Access 2002 vs VB.net as a front-end to SQL Server data

2. Linking or Extracting .mpp data for using VBA ASP.Net

3. Importing data to MS Access using VB

4. Using VB.Net to extract Outlook 2000 addresses

5. Accessing MS access reports through VB .net

6. Transferring data through internet in VB.net without using ASP.Net

7. Using VB.Net, ADO.Net and Access

8. Using ADO.Net with MS Access

9. INSERT into access database using vb.net/ado.net..problem

10. Regarding Accessing External database using MS-Access and MS-Visual Basic

11. Extracting a row from a table using VB in Access 97

12. NEED HELP: Extracting Active-X object from Access field (using VB)