ARRGH app freezes explorer.exe!
Author Message
 ARRGH app freezes explorer.exe!

Please help!

I have a simple app that collects a username and password and then maps
a network drive using the data collected. It worked just fine under vb 6
  . I installed the .Net framework with service pack1 and rewrote the
app in VB.Net. On first boot the program comes up just fine but when a
user tries to "log-in" explorer.exe freezes.

I can go into the task manager and see that explorer.exe is taking up
99% of the cpu. If I kill explorer and rerun it everything comes back
just fine and users can use the app to map their drive just great. The
problem only appears after a reboot.

Can anyone help or has anyone else encountered a problem like this? Do I
need to release any resources after mapping the drive?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

program running on win2k pro workstations
Using Visual Studio .Net version 7.0.9466
.Net Framework version 1.0.3705
Mapping the drive using Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.IWshNetwork_Class()

--
-----------------------
Shawn Shelton

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:06:20 GMT

1. VB APP causing EXPLORER.EXE to max out

2. VB App causing EXPLORER.EXE to max out CPU usage

3. VB App causing EXPLORER.EXE to max out CPU usage

4. VB App causing EXPLORER.EXE to max out CPU usage

5. Explorer Freezes On OLE Drop

6. OLE freezes explorer

7. How to distinguish between EXPLORER.EXE and IEXPLORE.EXE

8. Why I start iexplore.exe, and I get explorer.exe proces (sometimes)

9. VB5 freezing at compile exe....big time serious

10. MsgBox freezes ActiveX EXE when running in a different security context

11. Word 2002 in XP Freezes with VB Apps

12. Problem with redirecting STDOUT: VB freezes when console app doesn't exit