Help! Trying to use Shell in VB.NET web project
Author Message
 Help! Trying to use Shell in VB.NET web project

I have been able to get shell to execute my exe from a VB windows project
but I haven't been able to get it to work in a VB web project.  Any help
would be appreciated.

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:31:39 GMT
 Help! Trying to use Shell in VB.NET web project
we tried this and it worked for us. Under what User is your web application
running and what permissions does that user have ? Also what permissions
does your web application assembly have ? Shell requires full trust in order
to run.

what exception is being thrown when trying to do this ?
or
does it just fail silently ?
or
does it wait for ever ?

thanks,
VB Team

> I have been able to get shell to execute my exe from a VB windows project
> but I haven't been able to get it to work in a VB web project.  Any help
> would be appreciated.

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 04:07:54 GMT

1. Using Shell Function of VB.Net in a Web Form

2. Using Shell Function of VB.Net in a Web Form

3. Html editing in a asp.net project using vb.net

4. Help with problem using (EIStream) OCXs in VB.NET/C# project

5. Trouble With Shell in VB Web project

6. Multiple Projects in a VB.NET Web Solution

7. How to remove a ASP.NET VB web project

8. Locking <program>.dll in VB.net when working on web projects

9. Error trying to read calendar data using VB.NET when Outlook is not open

10. VB 6.0 project to VB.NET project ?

11. Simulating NET SEND in a VB Program without using SHELL commands

12. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application