DataSet Visibility
Author Message
 DataSet Visibility

I have a dataset defined in a VB.Net assembly that is used to create a DLL.
When I create the DLL, I can see the Dataset exposed and I don't want it to
be...what I'd like to do is declare it as "Private" inside the VB.Net
assembly so it isn't exposed...is there a way to to that?

The definition of the Dataset is just in XML so I didn't see a way to
declare it Private.

Thanks,

Chuck

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 01:49:04 GMT
 DataSet Visibility
The dataset XSD file is just a file, however, you need to select "show all
files" from the project explorer.  Once you've done this, you'll see the
dataset.vb file.  This is your strongly-typed dataset created by VB.NET.  Go
into it and declare the classes as Friend or Private.  Beware, if you make
any changes to the XSD, the .vb file will be re-created and your changes
will be lost.

Quote:
> I have a dataset defined in a VB.Net assembly that is used to create a
DLL.
> When I create the DLL, I can see the Dataset exposed and I don't want it
> be...what I'd like to do is declare it as "Private" inside the VB.Net
> assembly so it isn't exposed...is there a way to to that?

> The definition of the Dataset is just in XML so I didn't see a way to
> declare it Private.

> Thanks,

> Chuck

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 03:22:55 GMT
 DataSet Visibility
Thanks, Karl...that was just what I needed to know...Too bad there isn't a
way to make this default to Friend or Private everytime VB.Net recreates
this.  Seems like that would be a useful option.

Chuck

Quote:
> The dataset XSD file is just a file, however, you need to select "show all
> files" from the project explorer.  Once you've done this, you'll see the
> dataset.vb file.  This is your strongly-typed dataset created by VB.NET.
Go
> into it and declare the classes as Friend or Private.  Beware, if you make
> any changes to the XSD, the .vb file will be re-created and your changes
> will be lost.

> > I have a dataset defined in a VB.Net assembly that is used to create a
> DLL.
> > When I create the DLL, I can see the Dataset exposed and I don't want it
> > be...what I'd like to do is declare it as "Private" inside the VB.Net
> > assembly so it isn't exposed...is there a way to to that?

> > The definition of the Dataset is just in XML so I didn't see a way to
> > declare it Private.

> > Thanks,

> > Chuck

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 05:12:48 GMT

1. Cannot DataSet.ReadXml a file written with DataSet.WriteXml

2. How to generate dataset class from dataset xsd file

3. To DataSet or Not to DataSet

4. dataset : cannot fil the dataset because the field is empty

5. dataset problems - cant update sql after editing dataset

6. Insert dataset into dataset

7. Menu Bar Visibility

8. cant reset visibility property

9. Getting Scrollbar Visibility

10. Visibility of Querydef in 2 workpaces (VB Access / Oracle)

11. Data Access Page Visibility

12. How to change the visibility property of an outlook control