Question about a Strange API
Author Message
 Question about a Strange API

Im doing a program that use some API's developed by AT&T, its a program
called AccessPlus and the API gives you functions to handle those mails
they are working fine, far away, but my problem is that those API's generate
a temp file each time i call a function, and when i CLOSE my program those
temp files are deleted

i know that maybe its a problem of the api's itself, but there is any way to
"release" the api or something that will looks like my program exit? so the
files will be deleted?, maybe any VB.net function that can free the .DLL of
the api, or something like that?

the prob is that i call that funcion about 6000 times / day, and have 6000
temp files or more each time the program close is not a good idea, it take a
LONG time to delete them all

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 04:11:48 GMT
 Question about a Strange API

Quote:
> those API's generate a temp file each time i call a function, and when
> i CLOSE my program those temp files are deleted

Do the temp file names have anything in common such as an extension?  If
so, why can't you just delete them?  Are they being held open by the API?

Just a thought

Chris

--
If you don't like lunchmeat, please remove it from my e-mail address to
send me an e-mail

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:55:34 GMT
 Question about a Strange API
yes, thats the problem, they being held by the api itself, and looks like it
only free them once my program is closed

Quote:

> > those API's generate a temp file each time i call a function, and when
> > i CLOSE my program those temp files are deleted

> Do the temp file names have anything in common such as an extension?  If
> so, why can't you just delete them?  Are they being held open by the API?

> Just a thought

> Chris

> --
> If you don't like lunchmeat, please remove it from my e-mail address to
> send me an e-mail

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:35:35 GMT

1. I have a strange API question for the group

2. WritePrivateProfileString on a string encrypted using Win Crypt API is yeilding strange results

3. Strange error in VB using APIs...

4. API call Timesetevent returns strange identifier

5. Strange behavior w/Setfocus method after SetParent API

6. Stranger In A Strange Land...

7. Strange Strange Error

8. Strange question about VBA/VB

9. Strange question: ( SAFEARRAY, ACTIVEX, MEMORY ALLOCATION)

10. runtime 13 mismatch -?strange solution/question combo

11. Strange Question re: disk file...

12. ! The answer to all your API questions: VB5 Guide to API - Dan Appleman