Smart VB Client deployed over the Web
Author Message
 Smart VB Client deployed over the Web

I have created a simple VB app which is a simple MDI Form with a menu bar
that has a few menu items
File
File | Open
File | Open | Customer

When I enter this URL in my browser the application will run fine.
http://localhost/SmartClient/Test.exe

Next I create a new Class Library.  I added a new form to the project and
named it frmCustomer.

In my original project I added a reference to the new Class Library project.
I also added an event handler to the mnuCustomer.Click event

Dim fCustomer as New Customer.frmCustomer
fCustomer.MDIParent = Me
fCustomer.Show.

In the development environment it works fine.  Now I copied the new exe and
.dll to the webserver.  When I access the exe through internet explorer I
get a security violation and I get prompted to load the de{*filter*}.

I have read bits here and there discussing the need to created a
configuration file that tells the runtime where to find the other
assemblies, but I can't find a good example of the syntax of this file

Thanks

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:18:25 GMT
 Smart VB Client deployed over the Web
Hi,

You may want to review the following article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgu...
l/cpconhowruntimelocatesassemblies.asp

HTH.

Regards,
Yan Liu

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:51:35 GMT

1. fat client (MSMQ, VB Program) or thin client (ASP page then have Web server use MSMQ)

2. Smart device application using VB.net and web services

3. .config file with smart client

4. Smart clients

5. Client-Side Smart Viewer is Empty

6. Using the Smart Viewers and the Web

7. Crystal Reports 6 Smart Viewer Control (downloading from web)

8. Client connecting to web server via web

9. Client connecting to web server via web

10. Cannot deploy SOAP Client - HELP!

11. Smart Delete Files And Smart Delete Folders Routines?

12. Need a rich client app that is deployed via internet