VB.net
Author Message
 VB.net

I have rookie in VB.net .

my question is how do you set decimal places in a fileld.
Also can we declare data as currency. Vb.net has something
called currencymanager. is this same as currency data type.

thanks

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:29:53 GMT
 VB.net
No, unlike VB6, there is not Currency type in VB.NET.

As for your other question, I'm a little confused ("how do you set decimal
places in a field").  Can you clarify?  There is a Decimal data type if
that's what you're asking.

Erik Porter
Microsoft .NET MVP
http://www.windowsforms.net

Quote:
> I have rookie in VB.net .

> my question is how do you set decimal places in a fileld.
> Also can we declare data as currency. Vb.net has something
> called currencymanager. is this same as currency data type.

> thanks

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:35:46 GMT
 VB.net
Hi,
In Vb.Net there is no currency datatype u have to use
Decimal datatype for holding currency value.

Regards,
Prasanna Kakanoor

Quote:

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:17:02 GMT
 VB.net
how to develope class library i.e. activex dll in vb.net.

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:40:19 GMT
 VB.net

Quote:
> how to develope class library i.e. activex dll in vb.net.

ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/cpguide/html/cpconexposingnetframeworkcomponents
tocom.htm

Armin

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 22:57:08 GMT
 VB.net
I want to develop a class library which will be downloaded
to the client side from the aspx page.It something like an
active x geeting downloaded to the client site and
performing client side validations
Quote:

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:53:00 GMT

1. Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003

2. Convert VB.Net to C#, convert C# to VB.Net

3. VB.NEt Beginner: Creating a COM+ Object in VB.net

4. vb.net 2002 or vb.net 2003 beta

5. Accessing vb.net class from non.vb.net apps

6. VB.NET DLL's With A VB.NET App

7. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

8. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET

9. how to use the system.net.sockets and system.net in VB.net

10. VS.Net + Cr.Net and VB.Net

11. REXEC from ASP.NET or VB.NET

12. VB.net and asp.net