visual keyoboard
Author Message
 visual keyoboard

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if anyone out there knows or can point me to some
resources to do the following:

I'm trying to create visual keyboard that will have all the letters as a
buttons displayed on the screen. I have used the SendKey command and that
seems to work, but not exactly as I wanted.

For example if IE is open and user is trying to use my keyboard to fill out
the form, SENDKEY does not as it always sends in the pressed keys into URL
bar.  Also, I can't type more than 1 letter; it seems to override the
previous letter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Martini

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 20:39:02 GMT
 visual keyoboard

Quote:
> I'm trying to create visual keyboard that will have all the letters as a
> buttons displayed on the screen. I have used the SendKey command and that

I am not trying to discourage you, but you do know that Windows comes with a virtual keyboard by default right?

Quote:
> I have used the SendKey command and that seems to work

Dont use SendKeys! Use WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP window messages. You can send these messages with the SendMessage API function.

Quote:
> bar.  Also, I can't type more than 1 letter; it seems to override the
> previous letter.

This is because IE does a Select All everytime the Location drop-down gets focus. And I assume the user click on your app to send the keys right? So the drop-down looses focus, the user click your app, you set focus back to IE, IE Selects all the text in the location drop-down, then you send a key which overwrites anything that was in there previously.

HTH,
Jeremy

Quote:

> Hello Everyone,

> I would like to know if anyone out there knows or can point me to some
> resources to do the following:

> I'm trying to create visual keyboard that will have all the letters as a
> buttons displayed on the screen. I have used the SendKey command and that
> seems to work, but not exactly as I wanted.

> For example if IE is open and user is trying to use my keyboard to fill out
> the form, SENDKEY does not as it always sends in the pressed keys into URL
> bar.  Also, I can't type more than 1 letter; it seems to override the
> previous letter.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks

> Martini

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 21:02:24 GMT
 visual keyoboard
Yes,

You are right. That's exactly what happens. What I need is a way to find out
what control and application has the focus and then send a key to that
control.

Is this possible? Also, can I use SendKeys to send a key to that control or
do I need to use anything else?

Martini

Quote:
> > I'm trying to create visual keyboard that will have all the letters as a
> > buttons displayed on the screen. I have used the SendKey command and
that

> I am not trying to discourage you, but you do know that Windows comes with

a virtual keyboard by default right?
Quote:

> > I have used the SendKey command and that seems to work

> Dont use SendKeys! Use WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP window messages. You can

send these messages with the SendMessage API function.
Quote:

> > bar.  Also, I can't type more than 1 letter; it seems to override the
> > previous letter.

> This is because IE does a Select All everytime the Location drop-down gets

focus. And I assume the user click on your app to send the keys right? So
the drop-down looses focus, the user click your app, you set focus back to
IE, IE Selects all the text in the location drop-down, then you send a key
which overwrites anything that was in there previously.
Quote:

> HTH,
> Jeremy

Quote:
> > Hello Everyone,

> > I would like to know if anyone out there knows or can point me to some
> > resources to do the following:

> > I'm trying to create visual keyboard that will have all the letters as a
> > buttons displayed on the screen. I have used the SendKey command and
that
> > seems to work, but not exactly as I wanted.

> > For example if IE is open and user is trying to use my keyboard to fill
out
> > the form, SENDKEY does not as it always sends in the pressed keys into
URL
> > bar.  Also, I can't type more than 1 letter; it seems to override the
> > previous letter.

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks

> > Martini

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 22:24:03 GMT

1. Visual C++ and Visual Basic and Visual J++

2. do Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET version beta Working Both

3. Visual Studio.NET vs Visual Basic.NET

4. Visual Studio .Net causing Visual Basic 6 problem?

5. Visual C++ vs Visual Basic

6. Visual C++/Visual Basic/COM problem

7. visual basic vs. visual c++ which is better

8. Visual BASIC or Visual C++

9. Visual Basic Vs. Visual C++

10. Visual Voice and Visual Basic