Reboot windows
Author Message
 Reboot windows

How do I reboot windows in Visual Basic code?

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 02:12:44 GMT
 Reboot windows
Hello,

Quote:
> How do I reboot windows in Visual Basic code?

http://www.mentalis.org/soft/classes.qpx
-> class "WindowsController"

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 02:26:27 GMT
 Reboot windows
I'm not using .NET...
VB 6.0 on win2k
Quote:

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 03:25:08 GMT
 Reboot windows
Hello,

Quote:
> I'm not using .NET...
> VB 6.0 on win2k

This is a VB .NET newsgroup. Post to one of the VB-Classic newsgroups:
microsoft.public.vb.*.

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 03:29:11 GMT
 Reboot windows
MSDN has an article on this (www.msdn.microsoft.com).  Do a search using the
keywords ExitWindowsEx and Visual Basic.

--
Richard Grier  (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)

See www.hardandsoftware.net for contact information.

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 3rd
Edition ISBN 1-890422-27-4 (391 pages) published February 2002.

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 03:33:45 GMT
 Reboot windows
I did find that on msdn as well as on the web site, it
doesn't give me any vb code samples though, just C :| Not
sure what to do.

Quote:

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 03:57:47 GMT
 Reboot windows
oops, guess I should pay more attention to it, thanx for
your help.

Quote:

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 04:03:02 GMT
 Reboot windows
Hello,

Quote:
> I did find that on msdn as well as on the web site, it
> doesn't give me any vb code samples though, just C :| Not
> sure what to do.

Have a look at this sample:

http://www.gssg.de/tips.htm#kb_shdn

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 04:29:44 GMT
 Reboot windows
You can try something like
    Declare Sub ExitWindows Lib "User32" (ByVal Reserved1 As Long, ByVal
Reserved2 As Integer)
    Sub Main()
        ExitWindows 0, 0
    End Sub

--
Ting Liang, Microsoft VB Community Team

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 04:50:19 GMT
 Reboot windows
Hi,

I see several VB (same as VBA) examples there.  There are some
considerations, and a complete discussion will be found at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b176695

--
Richard Grier  (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)

See www.hardandsoftware.net for contact information.

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 3rd
Edition ISBN 1-890422-27-4 (391 pages) published February 2002.

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 06:22:00 GMT

1. Q:Reboot Windows from VB.NET?

2. Rebooting Windows....How?

3. Reboot Windows OS, but not computer...

4. Rebooting Windows NT under program control

5. Program to Reboot Windows NT?

6. HELP: REBOOTING WINDOWS!

7. Reboot windows NT

8. HELP : REBOOT WINDOWS ???