Event proc for new record...
Author Message
 Event proc for new record...

I am trying to populate the value of a text field with the
concatenation of 3 other invisible text fields on a form.
I want the visible field to contain the concatenation as
the user scrolls through records.  Is there an
onrecordchange event proc I can use in code to do this?
Thanks for any help in advance.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 02:22:11 GMT
 Event proc for new record...
You might try using the BindingManagerBase.PositionChanged event. You would
get the BindingManagerBase from the BindingContext item that you are using.

===============
Clay Burch

Syncfusion, Inc.
Visit www.syncfusion.com to download a free trial of Essential Suite

Quote:
> I am trying to populate the value of a text field with the
> concatenation of 3 other invisible text fields on a form.
> I want the visible field to contain the concatenation as
> the user scrolls through records.  Is there an
> onrecordchange event proc I can use in code to do this?
> Thanks for any help in advance.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:30:43 GMT
 Event proc for new record...
This is as far as I have gotten:

Me.BindingContext(Me.DataSet11, "Table").

I am not sure what to put after the dot here.
Bindingmanagerbase is not an option in the suggestion
list.  Thanks for your help....

Quote:

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 00:15:26 GMT
 Event proc for new record...
    Here are some code snippets:.

            Dim bm As BindingManagerBase = Me.BindingContext(Me.DataSet11,
"Table")

            AddHandler bm.PositionChanged, AddressOf HandlePositionChanged

            Private Sub HandlePositionChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal
e As EventArgs)
                            Console.WriteLine("HandlePositionChanged")
            End Sub

================
Clay Burch

Syncfusion, Inc.
Visit www.syncfusion.com to download a free trial of Essential Suite

Quote:
> This is as far as I have gotten:

> Me.BindingContext(Me.DataSet11, "Table").

> I am not sure what to put after the dot here.
> Bindingmanagerbase is not an option in the suggestion
> list.  Thanks for your help....

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 07:38:37 GMT

1. adding new records & new record

2. New in VBScript - I need to intercept a SQL Stored Proc Return value

3. SOLVED: Prob getting Output param from stored-proc - new area for newbie

4. Updating Record (via stored proc) with Blob Field using VB6

5. Begin trans / open a record set on a stored proc on sql server

6. Stored Proc: Using Oracle RECORD datatype(%rowtype) in ADO

7. event proc?

8. Enter key event proc....

9. ADO cannot raise error events from stored proc???

10. Call a proc using a string variable for the proc name

11. in-proc vs out-of-proc

12. How to add new records in a new database