ImageCombo Replacement in VB.net??
Author Message
 ImageCombo Replacement in VB.net??

I need to display a series of images, vertically.  One set is 110pixels wide
x 66 pixels high.

I want to display a scrollable list and have the user click on the one they
want to select.  Only one selection from the list would be valid at a time.
Also, if this could be data bound some how, that would be great.  That way
when they retrieve the records from the database this graphic would be
displayed automatically.

Which ActiveX or can I do this with Image list and a combo box.  I am new to
VB so an example would be great.

thanks for any advice.

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:53:52 GMT
 ImageCombo Replacement in VB.net??
why not just use a listview control?
put all the images in a ImageList and set the width/height of the imagelist
as whatever u want
then add a listviewitems and change the properties of it to use that
imagelist, and then just add items with a empty text, it will just look how
u want.
or even, u can add any text as index and make that column width 0, so it
will not be displayerd.

Hope it helps

Quote:

> I need to display a series of images, vertically.  One set is 110pixels
wide
> x 66 pixels high.

> I want to display a scrollable list and have the user click on the one
they
> want to select.  Only one selection from the list would be valid at a
time.
> Also, if this could be data bound some how, that would be great.  That way
> when they retrieve the records from the database this graphic would be
> displayed automatically.

> Which ActiveX or can I do this with Image list and a combo box.  I am new
> VB so an example would be great.

> thanks for any advice.

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:29:38 GMT
 ImageCombo Replacement in VB.net??
Your right.  This does work.

I do have a couple of questions about the listview control though.

First the list view seems to want to be wider than I think is necessary.  I
have set the width of the images to 76x76.
Any tips on how to get the border of the list view closer to the size of the
image.  I have them set so the scroll vertically and there is quite a big
gap from one picture to the next.  Any ideas?

Second, what causes the blue outline of the picutre image?  All my images
are displayed but they have a blue outline.

Thanks for any help

Quote:
> why not just use a listview control?
> put all the images in a ImageList and set the width/height of the
imagelist
> as whatever u want
> then add a listviewitems and change the properties of it to use that
> imagelist, and then just add items with a empty text, it will just look
how
> u want.
> or even, u can add any text as index and make that column width 0, so it
> will not be displayerd.

> Hope it helps

> > I need to display a series of images, vertically.  One set is 110pixels
> wide
> > x 66 pixels high.

> > I want to display a scrollable list and have the user click on the one
> they
> > want to select.  Only one selection from the list would be valid at a
> time.
> > Also, if this could be data bound some how, that would be great.  That
way
> > when they retrieve the records from the database this graphic would be
> > displayed automatically.

> > Which ActiveX or can I do this with Image list and a combo box.  I am
new
> > VB so an example would be great.

> > thanks for any advice.

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:18:33 GMT

1. Applet/ActiveX Control Replacement in VB .NET

2. .NET Replacement for : GetWindowLong,FindWindow,SendMessage,EnumChildWindows

3. Is there a MaskEditBox replacement in .NET

4. IsDate() .Net replacement?

5. API Replacement for "Net Use"

6. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

7. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET

8. how to use the system.net.sockets and system.net in VB.net

9. VS.Net + Cr.Net and VB.Net

10. Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003

11. Convert VB.Net to C#, convert C# to VB.Net

12. VB.NEt Beginner: Creating a COM+ Object in VB.net