How Do I make use of a class belonging to a user control
Author Message
 How Do I make use of a class belonging to a user control

I have a user control "AddressControl" and within this control I have a
class called clsPatron.

I want to be able to use this class in various parts of the system in
vb.net

In vb6 we use the instantcint to multiuse

How can I do that in vb.net

Has inheritance the solution?

Any suggestions with a small example

Thanks
Gabriel

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 02:25:01 GMT
 How Do I make use of a class belonging to a user control
I found this article to be helpful in doing the same thing.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dngu...
ml/drguinet1_update.asp

God Bless,
Andy

Quote:
> I have a user control "AddressControl" and within this control I have a
> class called clsPatron.

> I want to be able to use this class in various parts of the system in
> vb.net

> In vb6 we use the instantcint to multiuse

> How can I do that in vb.net

> Has inheritance the solution?

> Any suggestions with a small example

> Thanks
> Gabriel

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 03:25:05 GMT
 How Do I make use of a class belonging to a user control
Thanks for your  reply
However when I clicked on your link it said page cannot be found

It has happened a lot to me bookmarking a page belonging to MSDN to find
out later it had gone.

Do you think you can find the article you talked about?

Thanks
Gabriel

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:45:57 GMT
 How Do I make use of a class belonging to a user control
The link he posted was word wrapped to the next line.  Be sure to include
the second part of the link when you enter it in your browser.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dngu...
ml/drguinet1_update.asp

Chris

Quote:
> Thanks for your  reply
> However when I clicked on your link it said page cannot be found

> It has happened a lot to me bookmarking a page belonging to MSDN to find
> out later it had gone.

> Do you think you can find the article you talked about?

> Thanks
> Gabriel

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:49:15 GMT

1. How to get all Groups a User belongs to using VB

2. user belongs to which user-goups?

3. how to know the user groups to which a given user belongs

4. Passing Classes to other classes (using user defined types)

5. Keypreview Lost When Using a User Control embedded in another user control

6. How to call a sub defined in DLL module not belong to any class

7. Making a control collection class with events

8. Making a control collection class with events

9. To which groups does a user belong

10. Getting the Group a User belongs to?

11. Is there a way to determine what groups a user belongs to

12. Checking to see to which group a user belongs