how to do a windows control?
Author Message
 how to do a windows control?

hi,

are there any good example sites detailing
how to create a vb.net windows control from
scratch that has custom properties etc...?

i have created a control that has properties
but i cant see any event firing when i change
one of its custom properties.

nor can i step into the control even though it
is part of my solution.

thanks.

t.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 00:40:09 GMT
 how to do a windows control?
Hi Tariq,
Can you show us the code for your control?  That way we can narrow down why
your not seeing events firing or why you can't step into it.  In the
meantime, take a look at this walkthrough.
ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/vbcon/html/vbconwalkthroughcreatingcompositewfcc
ontrol.htm
It has a lot of information on creating controls with Visual Studio .NET.

Thanks.
Jake, John, and Vicki
MS VB Team

---

Quote:
> hi,

> are there any good example sites detailing
> how to create a vb.net windows control from
> scratch that has custom properties etc...?

> i have created a control that has properties
> but i cant see any event firing when i change
> one of its custom properties.

> nor can i step into the control even though it
> is part of my solution.

> thanks.

> t.

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 04:25:19 GMT

1. VB and Windows CE - can it be done???

2. Pointcast Animated Ad window - Hows it done

3. VB and Windows CE - can it be done???

4. Windows CE and VB - can it be done???

5. Windows CE and VB - can it be done???

6. Windows CE and VB - can it be done???

7. doing actions on cmd.exe window

8. Api call outside window to see if done?

10. How to set controlling index before doing SEEK in Access Basic

11. Data controls v's doing it yourself?

12. ADO Data Control - What Am I Doing Wrong?