Strange Problem..
Author Message
 Strange Problem..

Wow, I figured it out.
Now time to clean up the messy code :-)

--
Matthew Hazlett
hazlema (at) fragnet (dot) net
"Waiting for the day C++ and VB are one big happy inherited function"

Notice:
if you email a reply to this post use the email address at the bottom of the
post and not the reply to address.

Quote:
> I'm having the strangest problem.

> I have a class "cProjects" that is a collection of "cProject".
> The "cProject" class has a few properties and a bunch of methods, it is
also
> a collection of "cProjectData"
> "cProjectData" has a few more properties.

> It works flawlessly when I run it but, when I try to serialize the
> "cProjects" Class to XML , I only get the properties from "cProjectData".
> get all the indenting like the XML sees the other classes and makes entry
> points for them, but no data. I verified that the data is definitly in the
> properties of the "cProject" class, serialize just seems to be skipping
over
> it.  So I even went further and exposed all the variables to the world,
> still it skips the Project class.

> Output:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <ArrayOfArrayOfProjectData>
>   <ArrayOfProjectData>
>     <ProjectData>
>       <Title>Test</Title>
>       <Episode>0</Episode>
>       <Season>0</Season>
>     </ProjectData>
>   </ArrayOfProjectData>
> </ArrayOfArrayOfProjectData>

> I have no idea whats wrong (feel like a newbie) and I don't get any errors
> or exceptions.  I'll attach the code, its  unorganized right now but
works,
> trying to fix this and all.  But if anyone has any idea whats going on,
> please let me know.

> I think the problem might be in the seralize rou{*filter*}, but I don't know, it
> works everywhere else.

> --
> Matthew Hazlett
> hazlema (at) fragnet (dot) net
> "Waiting for the day C++ and VB are one big happy inherited function"

> Notice:
> if you email a reply to this post use the email address at the bottom of
the
> post and not the reply to address.

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 02:43:08 GMT

1. Strange problem

2. strange problem

3. Strange problem with deleting fields in a table

4. Help!! Strange problem Compiling database

5. Strange problem

6. MDE Files (Strange Problems)

7. Strange problem running Queries in Code

8. Strange problems on NT4

9. Bloating - strange problem

10. Strange problem in Word2K COM Addin

11. Very Strange Problem

12. strange problems with restrict method on calendar userproperties